Gravity Hurts

Martial Artist get sick, have accidents, become disabled. This forum will focus on how these individuals cope with their condition while staying active in the martial arts and while living life to the fullest. Administered by Sensei Bill Bauknecht. He's been there and doing great! (You don't need to register in order to post here!)

Moderator: Available

Emily-chan

Gravity Hurts

Post by Emily-chan »

Hello,
My name is Emily, and I take a Martial Arts, it's not a particular style, but a hybrid...but that's not what I am here for. I knew that I could get some help and advice here, so here I am.
Maybe some of you have heard of a Brazilian martial art called Capoeria, and if so, you know that it is based on dance, fluid motion, and evasion. I was practicing, a joga, and went for a cartwheel evasion, and landed wrong, crashing down on my shoulder. I went to the doctor, to find that my shoulder has been shoved under my collar bone. I had to have it put back into place, and mow my tendoins are painfully stretched out.
I am residing in a sling, and am in pain from my ear to my elbow, back to the bottom of the shoulder blade. If you don't relieze already, Martial Arts is pretty much outta the picture for a while, does anyone out there know any excercises I can proceed to do with out much pain?? I am still a yellow belt, and know that you people probaly know a whole lot more than I, so I'm asking for your help!!!

Arigato,
Emily-chan

ps- please email me at Animephics182@Aol.com- thanks again!
Bill B.

Gravity Hurts

Post by Bill B. »

Hi Emily,
I think I may be able to help you, I had a similar injury around 15 yrs. ago. Was in a sling for 3 months and out of training for almost 1 1/2 years. I remember some of the therapy well. BUT I don't believe there is a no pain solution. This I know is a very painful injury. The therapy is also painful. I will email you in the next few days.
Bill
Bill B.

Gravity Hurts

Post by Bill B. »

Anyone interested in Emily's injury, I have been in touch with her and it appears that her injury isn't all that bad. She should recover in short order. Gave her some exercises to do. She should be fine.
Bill

Return to “Special Needs”