Post subject: Must Have Gloves
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:40 pm 

http://www.camelbak.com/Military-Tactic ... Force.aspx

Post subject: Re: Must Have Gloves
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:44 pm 

The Police review here...

http://www.policeone.com/police-product ... ol-gloves/

Quote:
I’m not sure if it’s just the weave that makes these gloves different, but they don’t itch, they breathe well and the hand doesn’t slide around inside. The fabric in the FR Magnum Force is 96 percent Kevlar and 4 percent anti static fiber for flammable environments. The FR stands for Flame Resistant, by the way.

I only buy pre-curved gloves, because my hand is pre curved. This pair appears to have been literally manufactured around a last. They have great digital flex, but the textured leather does not bunch up under the material, allowing me to maintain a good weld on my Glock. Even the wet grip is outstanding here.

The question that everyone is asking is whether one can shoot with these gloves. Not only could I shoot with them, the FR Magnum Force had tremendous “feel” for slide manipulation and magazine changes.

The FR Magnum Force glove has extra panels in the palm for vibration resistance. This glove, in fact, was designed for military CQB and urban combat, not police work.

It has a reinforced hard knuckle panel, which is really for working around heavy equipment and vehicles. Really, this product is perfect for patrol use. I can think of a dozen times on patrol where I have skinned my knuckles going over fences and into crawl spaces, let alone fighting on the ground.

These gloves use Clarino, which breathes well and is appropriate for moderate, not hot, temperatures. The most notable quality are the tacky surfaces in the fingertips, which continue to be tacky, even after the gloves are wet. These gloves have a Velcro closure, which do a good job of covering the most vulnerable part of the wrist.

How’s the dexterity? I typed a portion of this article while wearing them.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:57 pm 

Great review here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fW0KTO7kSCE

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:23 am 

Just got the gloves today, size large.

Perfect fit and great 'hand armor' for a variety of situations. Good to keep in your car 'out of sight' and slip them on before any task outside the vehicle.

Also good for driving.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:16 am 

Would make a nice chainsaw glove as well, looking for a dealer in Canada but I suspect it is considered a "weapon".

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:42 pm 

It looks good for self-defense on the street particularly in colder climates where you would be wearing gloves anyway. For males in their 20s, a lot of altercations take place in bars and clubs where you're wearing minimal clothing. Gloves, jackets, and hats have typically been placed in the coat-check.