Uechi-Ryu.com

Discussion Area
It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:33 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:45 pm 

The Million Mom Anti-Gun Rally drew an interesting crowd with an invited dignitaries list that included "...Sheriff Ed Bieluch, West Palm Beach Police Chief Ric Bradshaw, State Attorney Barry Krischer and Palm Beach Mayor Lesly Smith..."

I was speechless on this one:

http://www.newsmax.com/showinsidecover. ... 6/30/95750

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2003 4:49 pm 

Thanks for that link!

Nice to see somebody reporting the truth about the Misguided Moms March. Well... sort of. There was never a "million" by any count. Including the day of the original, well-funded Washington Rally and taking into account the attendees at the concurrent rallies in major cities nationwide, the best guess is that they maybe hit 100,000 nationwide. When the NRA had their annual meeting in Florida, the major news outlets reported on the "Million Mom March protesters" outside. There were sixty (yes, 60) total protestors and many of those had been brought in from other states with a free trip to sunny Florida! What the news media failed to point out were the literally hundreds and thousands of pro-Second Amendment women (and minorities) who believe in Freedom, Liberty and their inalienable Rights inside at the Convention/meeting spending their time perusing all the newest and best self-defense products available while being polite to the protesters and/or ignoring the protestors. As one person working for the local convention hall said, "Ya'll are the nicest bunch of people to protesters we've ever had." Naturally, that just isn't newsworthy... But 60 mostly compensated "protesters" get the coverage. In fact, another thing not mentioned byt the mainstream media is that in both cases (the NRA protest and this Anti-Gun rally) the Misguided Moms packed up and went home early. Giving us the answer to the question, "What happens when you hold a rally/protest and nobody comes?"

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 9:09 am 

Yeah! I've been watching the side news articles which reveal slanted news reporting by the media, not only on minor issues like the mom march, but major issues such as political, defense, the economy, and of course serious attempts at eroding American freedoms.

It is a good thing that there are news Cyber-sites such as Drudge, NewsMax, MensNewsDaily, Defense News, WND, et al to balance the all-too often distorted, one-sidedness, misleading, white-washed, deleted important news, and frequently inaccurate and incorrect mainstream media reporting to help one determine a truer, sharper, better informed, etc. perspective about what is really going on and what is trying to be hidden or ignored.

I feel as if mainstream media is attemptng to mold the American public into believing something they want, and to form Americans' opinions as well rather than provide all the facts in an unbiased manner so that we can make up our own minds properly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 6:11 pm 

The media and hollywierd types comprise just a part of what V. I. Lenin referred to as Useful Idiots... Whether he actually uttered the phrase or not, it fits.

Allen, somewhere I have a video that explores and documents the trend of "advocacy journalism" instead of reporting the news (truth). If I can find it, I'll lend it to you. A real eye-opener that will make your blood boil.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 8:51 pm 

Offer is accepted.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2003 4:02 pm 

I found the tape. 59 minutes run time...

Now just need to get it to you so you can watch it in your copious spare time...

More later.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2003 4:32 pm 

There is space in the Copious Room for the view.