I realize that this is not for me to say, not being Uechi, yet experience with the harsh and tumultuous politics of the Kempo/Kenpo (you wouldn't believe this bunch), world have given me many years of experience. As I chose or was forced from organization to organization I came to realize one important truth.
Find and support a leader who:
1. Loves the Art.
2. Is on a grassroots level with all the students Kyu to Dan.
3. One that will stand by his people and attempt all that is possible to further their education.
4. One who is not only about money or the size of his organization.
5. One open to all styles as a study in similarities and brotherhood of Martial Artists.
6. One who actually displays the Humility, Honor, Compassion and general Attitude of a Genuine Martial Artist.
7. One who is willing to try time and time again.
8. One with open arms.
9. And one that is looking to the future of the Art not just the past, as we need to look just as much in front of us as behind.
You have him right here in the US. Yes the roots are important but they are still there, they won't disappear (we can't be with our forefathers yet they are still with us). But you have when you have one such person that has done, for his most treasured Art, more than anyone else in these modern times, why look further.
Evan Pantazi http://www.erols.com/kyusho