Uechi-Ryu.com

Discussion Area
It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:36 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: CLARENCE WILDER
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 1999 2:51 pm 

Clarence Wilder ;

MY DEAR FRIEND fell victim to a home intruder as opposed to a burglar …big
difference not readily understood by most of you !
Lt. Strong and other police experts indicate that home intruders are
the worst of criminals, fond of raping , severe beatings, torture and
murder just for kicks ! Clarence found himself in the worst of
circumstances , his home having become a crime scene # 2 , i.e.,
isolation , time , control by the attacker whom he described as a
real mean son of a bitch ! A burglar only wants your property and
breaks in when you are not home ! The intruder is a terrorist , who
wants to confront you , control you and injure you [ read lt.
Strong's book ] ! 35% of home intrusion victims are killed as opposed
to 10/ % of even armed robberies ! Residents are six times more
likely to be killed during a home invasion than a street mugging and
robbery !
Clarence is a court officer and he deals with this scum everyday so
he has a sense on what is going down ! The intruder is brutal and
sadistic , usually a career criminal , and he will put you through a
long and horrible ordeal ! Just to pick on A bear of a man like
Clarence proves the ass wipe had an agenda !

I am convinced , as Clarence is , that If he had not charged the
scum bag punk , he would have been tortured and executed !

------------------
Van Canna

[This message has been edited by Van Canna (edited 05-01-99).]

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 1999 9:13 pm 

J. D. san ,

You write < I have to accept that I may very well have
panicked right there at the door and done something really stupid
try to put my hand on the gun! >

What you write is thought provoking :

We must remember that there are no easy answers and every situation is unique as every man 's reaction will be under trial by fire !

For whatever this might be worth , Lt. Strong writes :

THE FOUR SURVIVAL RULES TO LIVE BY

1] React immediately __ your best chance to escape violence and minimize injury is in the first few seconds !

2] resist __ your only alternative is to submit ; both choices are lousy , but resisting gives you the best chance .

3] crime scene no. 2 __ Always more isolated than the initial point of contact , and always worse for you !

4] Never, never give up __ your attitude can keep you alive when you are badly injured !

" These rules , culled from years of accumulated police experience with violence , can help save your life ! One leads directly to the next . If you make those rules the cornerstone of your mindsetting to survive and escape violence , they will sound an alarm in your brain and help trigger an immediate reaction toward escape __ as though you are on auto pilot . "

You also write : < Whilst clutching the black-belt amulet, some may try to redact the history; find someway to prove it was "the victim's fault."
I do not think that feeling results from malice. I think it is fear. If
one can prove to himself that the victim in a crime was "wrong" he
can try to delude himself that he would "act differently" and the
outcome be much better. >

Correct ! You would be surprised , right now , at the number of Monday morning quarterbacking masquerading primal fears and denial in subliminal affirmation of ' karate prowess elitism ' ! Our detractors and the other Uechi factions are now holding court trying to convince themselves that their superior " golden sensei " Uechi ; training venue [ read Okinawa] ; ___ and " real " deep 'understanding ' of the arts would have seen them through the ordeal in flying colors !

Clarence Wilder is the most respectful and respected Uechi practitioner in the world ! There is no one that comes close to the mythical Karate ' superman' as he does ! Six foot , four / 260 lb. of pure animal power with a record of many first place full contact / knock out tournaments ! A real brave heart , considerate , friendly and humble and generous of his time and possessions ! A fierce lion in real fighting situations from personal observation at least once when he totally destroyed a punk who assaulted him !

The first to jump out of his seat and rush to protect my back once when , as a referee, in self defense , I was forced to charge a militant black belt tournament fighter and was taken down by his brother rushing at me from behind with a football tackle finding myself on the ground in a grapple situation and facing an assault by twenty of the punk's friends out of the bleaches !

As popular as he is and as friendly and open as he is , and as the hallway outside his room queues with friends , the other Uechi factions and one time friends are very conspicuous by their absence both in person and on these forums ! You would think in such a situation we would all pull together to give this outstanding man encouragement and respect , but They are hiding behind their fears and elitism and clutching desperately onto their ' better ' black belts , which were purchased subliminally in extra long size so as to fit neatly around their caskets when their asses get lowered into the ground !

Like we have said : who the hell really needs them !!!

------------------
Van Canna

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 1999 6:16 am 

Gentlemen,

YOU are excellent in describing all those VAST/VARIOUS CONDITIONS under which such criminal offenses occur and I even I could not have described them more VIVIDLY.

Than you are AWARE of all those VAST/VARIOUS SOLUTIONS ONE would have to master to MEET all those VAST/VARIOUS CONDITIONS and I can only imagine it would take a human being to MASTER all those SOLUTIONS to

start mastering them from the VERY beggining when "THE BIG BANG" (occured, NO, I correct myself and humbly admitt my mistake in argument, from that very moment that in that particular monkey there was that precisely first bliss of REALIZATION that it had transformed into a HUMAN BEING) and it shall continue endlessly into the future (because vigilants and criminal elements are BY FAR MORE INVENTIVE ON THIS SUBJECT than ANY DOJO INStRUCTOR WILL ever be (not to take into consideration that such practise is not his business and that he has a family to feed and kids to play and flowers to smell and ...)

Respected gentlemanDr.X made a following observation, quote:

These sort of stories concern everyone. Unfortunately, it is not just concern for the victim. This is a severe dose of reality. Train all you want, devote yourself to TRUE (Tm) martial arts, and all of that, even win some tournaments--you can still be a victim.

End of quote:

Now WHAT is missing is JUST a SOUND CONCLUSION....just a small hint..we may speculate what would happen if Clarence was just an ordinary citizen who did not have a clue about self-defense...and we may speculate if the three shots Clarence received were in direct connection with his attempt to finish off the burglar...

With my deepest respects
Igor

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 1999 9:27 pm 

Ladies and Gentlemen,

May I kindly offer into your evaluation another possible solution scenario of the tragic incident ocurred to Clarence.

According to the information that was presented on this net the young intruder/burglar sticked the gun to Mr.Wilders back and while he picked up a phone, the burglar began to search the appartement upon which Clarence decided to prevent him from doing so.

One may also conclude, if the burglar had initial intention to kill and than take all the valuable possesions, he might adn COULD have done so in the very first instance. But he did not. (Why one can only speculate?)

What can a man do in such a situation. After the phone has been put down, and burglar located some distance away searching the apartment, while also been strongly focused to prevent his own life, at that split second one could also REALIZE that ONES OWN LIFE might be MORE VALUABLE than his possesions, so, one might even step back to make burglar feel safer and offer him verbal instructions where to find the valuables and bluffing that he himslef was once in such a terrible position, that he had to rob someone, so he understands that but now has a regular job and does not mind so much for those possesions as he will eventually earn them back in due course. But he would have enought time to remember his face and disclose all details to police.
One can only speculate if burglar himself would not be surprised by such a behaviour and would leave the apartement without firing those shots.

But this is of course just another speculation as any other (I am almost positive, one might receive such an advice from Okinawan but than there are cultural differencies..)

Sincerely
Igor Prasnikar

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 1999 1:39 am 

Igor -san ,

You are welcome on my forum and you know that I respect your fighting abilities and your views of realism v. the delusional mind set of most martial artists to include the majority of Uechi practitioners both In Okinawa and the US !

I know that your intentions are good ; but I hope that you will agree with me that , although we could all learn from the Clarence incident , provided we have all the facts which we won't until he is able to rationally be debriefed in lucid states , this speculation game is ill served at the moment and it can only add more grief to Clarence's plight ! He is , after all , a victim of a violent crime and will be psychologically affected by this incident with the event replaying in his dreams and waking moments the rest of his life ! He is undergoing psychiatric counseling and it is entirely possible he may lapse into post traumatic stress disorder !

The more subtle part of 'Postvention' is psychological counseling to overcome the overwhelming sense of helplessness which seems to never leave a victim of violent crime !

Lots of victims go into deep depression for feeling inadequate in not having fought off the assault ; others will blame themselves to death for having made the wrong strategic move ! It is a no win situation for the victim !

To make matters worse , modern psychologists are virtually unanimous in recommending that the victim not prepare to " violently defend himself the next time"

Mas Ayoob of lethal force institute relates that the victim will have problems accepting that what happened wasn't his fault , that it does not make him a weak , helpless , unworthy human being because of any action he may have taken !

What you recommend as a possible way Clarence may have dealt with the intruder has much value and I thank you for sharing it with us !

However, we must not lose sight of the fact that the assailant was not a burglar looking for valuables only , or he would have simply broken in the house when Clarence was away ! He was A HOME INVADER and as such very dangerous and emotionally disturbed, hell bent on terrifying and controlling emotionally and physically ! Clarence said he was a real street wise psycho gang banger ! One who would kill for kicks !

The punk was not looking around for possessions when Clarence charged him ; he was darting his eyes in every corner of the house to make sure there was no one else there so he could do his dirty deed, whatever he had in mind ! Lt. Strong says that the more control you hand over the criminal , the less likely you are to escape , time works against the victim ;" The longer you stall , the more you talk , the deeper you sink " { Strong} …..Clarence deals with this scum on a daily basis as a court officer , so he knows what they are made of ! Clarence told me He had a premonition he was going to be shot that is why he charged !

Having said that , it is good for us to really understand the "face of our enemy" and the basic survival tactics we need to program as taught by the deadly force instructors as opposed to some Oriental "master" never been in a real fight and slinging clichés from the safety of his dojo! When martial artists stop dreaming and strutting and get their act together, then they will be ready to do some real learning of street survival at the Lethal force institute or similar nationally recognized school and immerse in intensive programs " ON THE DARK SIDE OF THE FORCE " !

As you say ,Igor, there are vast cultural differences among Europe , Okinawa and The United States , and what Okinawan masters may be teaching On Okinawa , do not necessarily apply in this country !

Please remain on board as I look forward to your ideas … I believe you have lots to offer to the martial arts community !

Regards,

------------------
Van Canna

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 1999 6:43 am 

Dear Mr.van Canna,

It is hard for me to explain how gratefull I am for your kind invitation to continue my alternative view contributions and I wish to assure all forumers that I will not be engaged in any battles with them as I am not a person who who walk around and by provoking people inflict danger upon oneself. BE SURE THAT I WAS AWARE OF THIS FROM THE VERY FIRST MOMENT I HAVE ENTERED TO THIS SITE MANY MONTH AGO
and feeled privileged that my comments were often quoted, ...which means they were found amoung the many "more leisure talk" as comments that have a SOUND, SOBER MEANING.
BUT I DO NO DELUDE MYSELF that ANYONE is able to produce such comments as if they WOULD BE SO, than my very comments would of course be again lost in "all that leisure talk". and difficult to find.

But this is already another topic and I do not wish to elaborate such topics on the forum, which covers aspects of street realism.

Once again my sincere respects,

Igor Prasnikar

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 1999 12:46 pm 

Dear Mr.Van Canna,

I just want to confirm I acknowledge all your comments and I have made my evaluation on basis of a few facts known from the very first post; as more and more details are available one can make of course better evaluation BUT I would say of the utnmost importance in such cases would be that a person in danger can detect in a split second a PRIME MOTIVE of the "predator" and basically than reverse the tactics.
This is a very simple technique that generally could apply to any situation.
I believe this technique comes from the very BUDO essence and when mastered one should not be concerned with actual applications (due to a simple fact that required technical skills to dispose of the any "predator are not that sofisticated as is mastering of previously menthioned technique.

With my deepest respects

Igor Prasnikar

PS
I also believe that it may happen to be general misconclusion that if one is not seen to practise actual pre-set self defense situations that he can not master the first technique I menthion.

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 1999 6:26 pm 

Van, you wrote,

"Clarence told me He had a premonition he was going to be shot that is why he charged ! "

He obviously trusted his instincts ( or whatever acute senses he has developed over his professional career) and it saved his life. This is the sense that DeBecker writes about that we must trust when we feel it. I'm sure your dear friend has a lot to think about during his recovery. I hope not too much time is spent on the "what if i didnt react" thoughts. As you say it may not have been pleasant. Please give Clarence best wishes from a stranger but a friend in heart.

Kevin