Uechi-Ryu.com

Discussion Area
It is currently Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:23 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 1999 4:46 pm 

A colleague of mine had an interesting experience recently. While traveling home on an airplane(1st Class) from an extended business trip he encountered a scowling, burly, at least 300-lb. biker who wore a black leather vest emblazoned Harley (no shirt). The first class passengers remarked how glad they were that they weren’t going to be sitting next to that man who was traveling Coach, because he looked quite scary.

About a half hour into the flight, a well-dressed gentleman threw open the 1st Class curtains and starting pacing up and down the aisle. He was muttering, "Gotta get off, I gotta get off this plane, I gotta get off...." The stewardess first locked the cockpit, then managed to calm him down and return him to his seat, much to the relief of the travelers.

A few minutes later, they heard a load crash and yelling. They dashed to the Coach section and observed the well-dressed gentleman standing in front of his now smashed laptop, flailing his arms about and yelling. Everyone was frozen in fear, except the biker who approached him from behind and gave him a tight bear hug and strong voice command to STOP IT. The stewardess got handcuffs, while the biker seated the gentleman in the rear of the plane. They handcuffed him to the seat, and then the biker sat next to him with his arms crossed in front of him, daring ANYONE to make a sound or move.

Upon landing, the passengers were instructed to stay in their seats. They were allowed to exit row by row in an orderly fashion once airport security came on board to handle the matter (according to my co-worker, they were equipped with a cellphone and stun guns).

Looks can be deceiving.

Jackie

[This message has been edited by Jackie Olsen (edited 05-06-99).]

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 1999 12:55 am 

What's deceiving about a 300 lb biker guy beating up a nervous computer nerd? Image

GK

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 1999 10:34 am 
Hello Jackie,

I wonder if that biker was security in disguise stalking the computer hacker to prevent a virus outbreak. Now that's deceiving.

------------------
Allen - uechi@ici.net - http://www.uechi-ryu.org

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 1999 11:36 am 

Gary & Allen:

I guess my purpose was to indicate that help or ATTACKS don't always come in forms we may expect. My co-worker expected that the Biker dude would be the one causing a problem ... not being part of the solution. While the well-dressed guy certainly would not be the one causing the problem.

Reinforced to me that I should always be aware of people or situations, not just based on "looks." Things don't always appear as they seem.

Jackie

[This message has been edited by Jackie Olsen (edited 05-07-99).]

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 1999 1:31 pm 
Your post is a very good post, Jackie. I understood and understand your purpose. You have a talented way of showing extremes of Yin-Yang, demonstrated here as opposite of the expected. Most pigeon-hole the compu-nerd to be the light force and the biker to be the dark force

My repost was tasteless and inappropriate. Please accept my sincere apology.

------------------
Allen - [email]uechi@ici.net">uechi@ici.net</A> - <A HREF="http://www.uechi-ryu.org[/email]

[This message has been edited by Allen M. (edited 05-07-99).]

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 1999 2:35 pm 

Dear Jackie Olsen,

That was the perfect modern proverb. I love it.

And Allen, I know your comment was tasteless, but it was also funny.

Cecil

------------------
Email: <A HREF="mailto:creativebrother@yahoo.com">creativebrother@yahoo.com</A>
Web Page: http://creativebrother.freehosting.net

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 1999 4:28 pm 
Jackie,

Coincidences are coincidences. A tough-looking ex-cop, and one of the nicest persons you can meet, walked into my class this morning wearing his faded black, and worn-out Harley-Davidson T-shirt (shirt, no vest). He reminded me of the person you described.
<hr>
Cecil,
Thanx.

------------------
Allen - [email]uechi@ici.net">uechi@ici.net</A> - <A HREF="http://www.uechi-ryu.org[/email]

[This message has been edited by Allen M. (edited 05-07-99).]

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 1999 4:58 pm 

Allen:

Allen, no apology necessary, but accepted. I agree with Cecil ... it did strike my funny bone, too. Re: the coincidence ... it's all related, somehow. A good friend always told me that there's no such thing as coincidences. Boy, if that had happened at my dojo last night, I certainly would have done a double take ! Image

Cecil Thanks!

Jackie