For Sale_ This Old House

Sensei Canna offers insight into the real world of self defense!

Moderator: Van Canna

Re: For Sale_ This Old House

Postby Van Canna » Mon Dec 25, 2017 6:50 am

ImageImage :cry:Image
Van
Van Canna

Postby Van Canna » Mon Dec 25, 2017 3:53 pm

It was late at night this Christmas eve.

I had left the driveway pole light on suffusing a soft amber glow on the pathway to the front door of the house.

I went to my second floor ‘computer room’ once my son’s bedroom …darkened the room and I waited while still looking out the window and listening for the doorbell …any bell…to ring.

There was an edge of tears in my silent hope of a miracle.

Would my boy emerge from the darkness, walk spritely up the driveway and ring the doorbell in radiant happiness at his coming home again to his Mom and dad?
:cry:
And then a voice very faint and far away…’Do you hear me coming dad…do you hear me’ ?

Van
Van Canna

Postby Van Canna » Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:47 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wj1Mu3yM-uc

Come and sit by my side if you love me
Do not hasten to bid me adieu
But remember the Red River Valley
And the one that has loved you so true
Van
Van Canna

Postby Van Canna » Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:58 pm

This very old family house, my father’s house, where I was born and brought up, will never change its imprint into the dust of my dreams that will continue to blend together to form and endless, seamless stream of evocation.

The mystery of this old house revealed to me as a living entity at an early age_ destined to capture the essence of my life … remaining a living story with each of its rooms holding captive _’the past’, the ‘then present’ and the yet ‘to be’ separate chapters of my life to come.

It is strange that in my reveries and dreams _ I also see the spaces in between its furnishings and even in between my toys... strewn about in my toys’ room…that made up my world then in the midst of uncertainties.

That empty air where family and friends shared being alive together, and where so many wonderful and also terrible things happened because of that available space.
Van
Van Canna

Postby Van Canna » Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:01 pm

And the discovery that beyond all the positive benefits of protection, this old house, my father’s house, was to become imbued with dream values which have remained long after our destined departure from it.

I see my mother’s tears, the sometimes solitude and day dreaming, the happiness and the sorrows, and the realization that we were in a space we could inhabit but that someday would disappear, all but the dreams of it.

And in my daydreaming to escape present sorrow, I feel the interior of my old house as a geometry of echoes …the voices of the past not sounding the same as when living there as a child…my mother’s calling my name from a balcony on Christmas day has got another very different yet familiar and beloved sound.
Van
Van Canna

Postby Van Canna » Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:01 pm

This is my real house of memories, the house in which I return to in dreams - that hold my childhood experiences in the midst of an existing primordial relationship of my ancestors with the same space…

...forming a feeling of this house having been mostly a spectator of my family’s life vicissitudes.
Van
Van Canna

Previous

Return to Van Canna's Self Defense Realities