Uechi-Ryu.com

Discussion Area
It is currently Thu May 28, 2015 2:16 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 5:15 pm 

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2411 ... sports-bin

I remember them days! When the bars closes at 2am nowadays, I am 4 hours into my sleep.

Getting into a fight because someone kissed your girl's hand? Ridiculous. Youth wasted on the young and stupid.

And kicking someone head after he is already out? Idiot.

This guy is too stupid for being admitted to college, and he even got a scholarship too? That is really saying a lot for playing football. No offense to those football players who got into college passing the entrance exams fair and square like everyone else , but, there are so many who got in and given "scholarship" just because they are humongous and play football. Ridiculous.

I sound bitter, don't I? I am not. I enjoy watching football too. Just that there are too many stupid people out there and the colleges are making a mockery out of the so called "scholarship". :twisted:

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 4:34 am 

The thing is, for us 'great martial artists' those are going to be some of the likely opponents we will have to deal with.

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 4:15 pm 

Very sad story, but something that happens in colleges constantly. Situations like this occur all over the country, and it has been for many decades. Youth - posturing - alcohol - equals trouble. Everyone is sorry when it is over, but the damage has been done. At the time these young people are doing what they are doing, they are idiots. However, they tend to be rather normal young students that got caught up in an adrenalin rush. Later they ask themselves, "Why the hell did I do that?" "Man, that was really stupid". If they could only think like that at the moment things were beginning to erupt. Alcohol and adrenalin are two things that shouldn't go together. I do not believe football had much to do with this situation. I had a football / baseball scholarship to college back in the stone age. I saw guys that were gifted ball players that couldn't spell CAT. I can also say that the great majority of athletes , on scholarship or not, were very good in the classroom. We were very careful to hold on to our scholarships. To get into any off campus trouble would mean a loss of scholarship. That's a lot of money. I don't think it's much different today. I saw many incidents that happened after parties, or at closing time that were like this incident. I never saw any of my team mates involved. Today could be different with all the social media. Football is not the bad guy here. You're right however, those involved are idiots for letting themselves get dragged into the mess. Please remember one thing. You can't fix stupid.

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 6:04 pm 

Quote:
Later they ask themselves, "Why the hell did I do that?" "Man, that was really stupid".

If someone had only given me a dollar for every time I said that to myself---- :|