Uechi-Ryu.com

Discussion Area
It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:57 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:38 am 

Karate was, is, and always will be, my all. But I've always loved the fight game in general, always have.

I remember when there was only one Champion in each weight division in boxing. And it was good. Then countless organizations popped up, and boxing forever went into a downward spiral. I don't even know who the Heavyweight Champion in boxing is anymore. I don't even care. That saddens me.

Then MMA came along. I like MMA, it's fun to watch, train in, and talk about. I used to like Pride Fighting even more than the UFC. And I like the UFC. When the UFC bought Pride they talked about how the Champions were going to fight each other, how they would alternate using the different rules, alternate shows between Japan and North America, blah, blah, blah. That never happened. Pride was no more.

Now Zuffa has bought out Strikeforce, the MMA organization that Fedor ruled for so long, the one that's been on Showtime, for free, for so long.

http://www.mmanews.com/news/89340

I have no idea if this is a good thing or a bad thing for the sport of MMA. Any thoughts?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:45 am 

Good question Otto. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:41 am 
Site Admin

I enjoyed UFC back when it first started. They sacrificed alot to get politicians and activists off their backs. I barely pay attention to it anymore.

It now has even less competition. Lack of competition is rarely a good thing, IMO.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:30 am 

Something has to fill Strikeforce's place. A lot of fighter's don't want to fight in the UFC or Dana White decides he doesn't want them for some usually ridiculous or behind-the-scenes reason. Really good, world class fighters like Hendo or Shields or Diaz. My guess is that Bellator or Dream will become even more prominent.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:55 am 

Hi TSD...good to see you back stranger :)

Hope you doing well. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:34 pm 

Thanks Van, I am doing well indeed. Spending all my free time in the ring trying to not get fat as I age, so no time for posting. :D