Uechi-Ryu.com

Discussion Area
It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:45 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Calling Jason Reese
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 5:02 am 

http://www.ofagear.com/4israelibattledr ... ndage.aspx

Jason,

Surely you must be familiar with this item. Any comments?

Quote:
The 4” Bandage NSN#6510-01-460-0849 - Trauma/Wound Compression Dressing

This all-in-one bandage consolidates multiple first-aid devices such as a primary dressing, pressure applicator, secondary dressing, and a foolproof simple-to-use closure apparatus to secure the bandage in place. This is an innovative, combat and disaster proven first-aid device for the staunching of blood flow from traumatic hemorrhagic wounds in emergency situations.

The bandage’s sterile, non-adherent pad applies pressure to any site, can be easily wrapped and secured, and has an additional application similar to a tourniquet, to further constrict blood-flow if necessary.

This bandage is so easy to use even an injured person, after some practice, can self-apply the bandage with one hand! We strongly suggest you purchase one bandage, open it up, and practice with it to master its application.

The 4" bandage is the ideal size for a cargo pant pocket or in a jacket. The instructors at Oregon Firearms Academy attach a pair of Black Talon Nitrile gloves to the package using adhesive tape and keep them with us 24/7. These are the same IBD's issued to troops and LEO's. The product is highly recommended.

Post subject: Re: Calling Jason Reese
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 5:08 am 

Watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2_EU1T-o-g

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 5:10 am 

Farnam
Quote:
Comment: IBDs are at the heart of our recommended trauma kit. They are literally a life-saver, and all of us need a good supply of them. Copies need to be in your car, home, office, briefcase, and range bag. I keep one on my person all the time.

My student is a graduate of our Tactical Treatment of Gunshot Wounds Course, and he knew exactly what he needed to do to save this young lad's life. Per our recommendation, he had a competent trauma-kit on hand, and he was practiced in deploying and applying IBDs

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 5:12 am 

Actually Jason should come to our summer camp and run classes in first aid/cpr etc./something useful for all of us. :D

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 5:17 am 

Quote:
Comments from an OFA Student who is a highly experienced ER RN and currently working on a Life Flight Helicopter:

The short version:
The Israeli Battle Dressing is great!

Long Version:
All this being said--it’s just like shooting--strong fundamentals (ABC's and direct pressure) save lives. High speed, low drag stuff is cool, but they are no substitute for fundamentals. An Israeli battle dressing is excellent for both first aid and self rescue; it independently holds direct pressure because of its design, and is well packaged to be dry and available when needed.

From the standpoint of gunshot wounds--I think the battle dressing is more useful in more situations, but a good quality hemostatic agent would be an excellent adjunct.

Post subject: Re: Calling Jason Rees
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 2:08 am 
Site Admin

We hate the plastic clips you use to tighten and secure it. They can break easily. Other than that, yeah, it's standard issue for Self-Aid and Buddy Care (Army and Air Force personal first-aid issue). Actually, we've applied it to a patient in training much the same way they have someone apply it to themselves in the video.

This is also part of our kit, and unless you've got an uber-sized marine on your hands, it works flawlessly: CAT

Quote:
Actually Jason should come to our summer camp and run classes in first aid/cpr etc./something useful for all of us.

I'm not a certified BLS instructor until September. :/ Too, it's a little far to drive, and I can't afford the plane tickets. Thanks for the invite, though. :)

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 4:46 am 

Thanks Jason.

Too bad you can't make it...I am sure you could teach us a lot :D

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 6:00 am 
Site Admin

Maybe after my stint in Alaska, they'll stick me on the east coast. God knows, I've been everywhere else. LOL.