Uechi-Ryu.com

Discussion Area
It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:33 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:36 am 
Site Admin

Bill,

Now he claims amnesia?

This guy's all over the map. Was he gorked up on meds that day in court? I dunno, but this stuff doesn't shout schizo to me. It says "Give me legal insanity."

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:44 am 
Site Admin

Van, in partial answer to a question of yours earlier: he hired prostitutes.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:06 pm 

Jason Rees wrote:

I read the title first...

Dark Knight’ shooting suspect James Holmes claims amnesia

Then I read the article. NOWHERE in the article does the word "amnesia" come up. Nowhere in the article does it mention that the suspect says "I can't remember..." Nope... The article is based on a statement he kept making, which was "Why am I here?"

Big, big, big difference.

This a great example of bad journalism, bordering on yellow journalism. I've learned through the years not to allow myself to get emotionally hijacked by such nonsense - particularly from liberal activist journalists. OK, so I see the title of your article. OK, so now I'm reading it and I'm separating fact from opinion. OK, so I see there's nothing here. Zzzzz.......

*If* he kept saying "Why am I here?"... it could mean that he doesn't understand what the big deal is. In other words, his version of reality and ours have departed, a.k.a. psychosis. Psychosis *could* for example be an acute symptom of paranoid schizophrenia.

This is a great example of "the fog of war." Even in the aftermath, there's a chance of misreading cues in the chaos around us. One needs to have a very well tuned bullsh!t filter.

- Bill

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:22 pm 

One thing worth noting...

Just before his shooting spree but just after he dyed his hair bright orange, Mr. Holmes posted his joker-image picture on a dating site. In the text accompanying that photo, he allegedly said something like "Will you come visit me in prison?"

That act is going to be a problem for his lawyer's insanity defense. It implies that during a protracted preparation phase, he understood there would be a consequence to his actions. Even if he was slowly drifting into schizophrenia - a process that can take days to years - being aware of right-and-wrong at the moment one commits an act will negate the chance he'll be able to cop an insanity plea.

It doesn't look good for Mr. Holmes, no matter how you view it.

- Bill