Uechi-Ryu.com

Discussion Area
It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:31 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Joe Lewis Update
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 1:36 pm 

Dear Friends

We have some very good news about Joe Lewis.

Dennis Nackord visited Joe on Sunday and his spirits were the best he has ever seen them in months. Joe feels fortunate to be at the VA and he feels special knowing he is only one of one 10 people in the palliative care area. The care is outstanding and moving him to the VA was without a doubt the correct decision and at just the right time. I think Joe feels comfortable for the first time in a while.

Austin Joyce, who is one of Dennis's black belts (and knows Joe), is the Chaplin/Psychologist who is watching over Joe. Austin is best suited to help Joe through whatever lies ahead. What a remarkably fortunate stroke of fate to have Austin at the VA at this time.

Joe’s tumor seems stable now and it will take time to assess how his current treatments will affect this. The next step is to see if he can get some strength back. He was quite weak from all the past medications and 30 days of hospital care.

Cards and mail may be sent to him directly to the following address. I am sure he would love to hear from his friends.

Joe Lewis
Coatesville Veterans Administration Medical Center
Geriatrics & Extended Care (138A-H)
1400 Blackhorse Hill Road
Coatesville, PA 19320-2096

Thanks for all of the prayers, love, and support for Joe

Post subject: Re: Joe Lewis Update
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 2:10 pm 

JOE LEWIS NEEDS HIS FRIENDS AND FANS NOW MORE THAN EVER! PLEASE READ THIS AND REPOST!

I will start spreading the word..Can everyone else on Facebook who reads this and is a friend or fan of Joe Lewis please read this post !

Joe needs his friends now more than ever.. Let's see if we can get him a BUNCH of REAL US POST OFFICE MAIL with PHOTOS TO BOOST HIS SPIRITS!

“I hope we can get more people to send mail to him instead of emails and Facebook stuff because he doesn't get to see all that but I think the physical mail being there would be a great touch and if they could include a picture of them maybe even a picture with Joe in the picture with them to help him remember them would help him greatly!”

You can mail letters and photos to Joe at the below address!!

Joe Lewis

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 9:32 pm 

Friends,

Thursday night I ran 2.5 hr seminar for Buzz Durkins' students in Atkinson , NH and had the pleasure of hanging out with our mentor George Mattson , and some of the most wonderful martial arts students it has been my pleasure to meet. My lesson plan contained the core principles and concepts that Joe wants every BB to teach in the JLFS (i.e. movement, turning skills, changing angles, the Jab, high volume of offense, and bridging the gap, understanding how to deal with different styles of fighters.) I was only able to gloss over these concepts with drills but the class LOVED IT !!!

I think optimistically about Joe’s condition even though I know the reality that some day I will be losing one of my best friends to cancer.

I look forward to teaching a lesson plan at Summerfest that Joe had taught me over and over at various camps and confrences years earlier using the “zig zag” entry to bridge the gap. I worked this skill for over a year before getting it down . I eventually started teaching this tactical skill to my students where I finally began to understand the brilliance of this subject matter. He told me how he and Bruce Lee worked on refining this skill and what key mistakes to avoid when entering the pocket.

Over the last 30 years Joe Lewis taught me more lessons in my home, in the kitchen, in front of the fridge, in resturants and parking lots, and in the living room while watching fights on TV rather than in the gym, Yes Ive attended dozens of seminars but no better than when I was with him in private.

He talked about marital arts stuff 23 hours a day with 1 hour for practical jokes.

Every experience with Joe Lewis is like a private lesson while he is speaking to you. He captures your attention from the first moment he speaks to the last word he says to you.

Let Joe Lewis know that he is in your prayers and heart.

I want to ask every one to print out a 8x10 photo of you and Joe Lewis, sign it with something personal, put it into a simple certificate frame (for a few dollars) and send it to Joe Lewis. Mark the package with “PHOTO” on the outside so someone knows to open it and place the photo on his wall. We want to cover his wall (at the VA) with memories of his friends and students. Every day he wakes up, we want him to see the wall growing larger and larger with more photos. We want him to know that we miss him and that we have not forgotten him!

Please send photo and card to:

Joe Lewis
Coatesville, PA 19320-2096[/b]

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 7:29 pm 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ix7e28cG ... yer&ref=nf

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 2:13 pm 

Very nice, thank you for sharing this Robb.

I hope and pray that Joe wins this most frightening battle of his life.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 3:36 am 

Robb, I thank you from the bottom of my heart for the updates.

I could be sad, but I'm not going to be. I may cry, but I'm not going to be sad. I'm going to bask in the light he blew us away with.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:52 pm 

Thanks Otto

I want to ask everyone to print out a 8x10 photo of you and Joe Lewis, sign it with something personal, and send it to Joe Lewis. Mark the package with “PHOTO” on the outside so someone knows to open it and place the photo on his wall. We want to cover his wall (at the VA) with memories of his friends and students. Every day he wakes up, we want him to see the wall growing larger and larger with more photos. We want him to know that we miss him and that we have not forgotten him!

Please send photo and card to:

Joe Lewis

THANK YOU ALL

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:27 pm 

2012 JLFS Mid-Year Conference

June 8 - 9 in Pennsylvania

On June 8-9, 2012, the JLFS Black Belt Association and Dennis Nackord (JLFS Official Training Center) are hosting a mid-year Joe Lewis Mid-year conference in Wayne, Pennsylvania. This event has been specially created to address the issue of making available an alternate date for those who cannot attend and test for rank at the annual national conference in Tampa, Florida scheduled for September 27-30, 2012. For those of you flying in for this event use the Philadelphia International Airport. The event is 21 miles from the airport.

This event is open to all martial artists interested in becoming Joe Lewis Black Belts and/or teaching his system within their own schools and curricula.

This year's theme is about "INDOMINABLE WILL POWER---FORGOTTEN SECRET TO MARTIAL ARTS!" Psychological knowledge for all martial arts instructors.

"Real Martial Arts is about learning to appreciate

the Valor in one's Heart" Joe Lewis

In addition, this event is specifically designed to meet the training needs of those who wish to advance their studies in the JLFS. The event is open to all styles and is priced (very affordably) at half the cost to comparable camps and seminars. This agenda enables you to avoid an overnight stay unless you are testing for rank or participating in the extra activities.

Those testing for JLFS rank at this event will have the mid-year conference costs waived. (NO CHARGE) Registration and testing fee must be made by deadline date of June 2, 2012.

· Mike Allen will hold the first class at 4:00 pm on Friday.

· Mr. Lewis and Danny Dring will be holding the black belt and pre-black belt testing immediately after the Mike Allen seminar (6:00 pm).

· Mr. Lewis will be teaching his sessions at training center on Saturday.

· Mike Allen will wrap up the conference with a Mitt Drill seminar on Sunday morning.
The Instructors and special guest for this years' conference include:
· Joe Lewis JLFS Grand Master 10th Dan, iCAT Partner
· Dennis Nackord 9th JLFS, Kenpo Master

Members of the JLFS and non-members are welcome to attend this event if they are interested in training and achieving rank under Joe Lewis. This event includes Black Belt testing, 9 hours of intensive training with Dennis Nackord, Danny Dring, Mike Allen, and Grandmaster Joe Lewis.

If you are interested in a pre-test critique of your skills in preparation for future rank, we will have a certified panel of JLFS black belts on staff helping work with you ensuring that you are on the right track towards achieving this desired goal. The pre-testing fee is $150 and will be applied towards you full testing fee when you official test. The critique will take place Friday evening during the Black Belt testing period.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:27 am 

Heavy prayers tonight for my "Former Jarhead" brother!! Just remember... "Marines never die! We just regroup in Hell!!!" May god bless Joe Lewis for the remarkable seed that he planted in so many peoples lives, and may God bless him for being a United States Marine!!!!!

SILENCE!!! I Kill You!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:44 pm 

Thanks Stevie.......

He just read your comment and smiled !

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:26 am 

Cool Robb!! tell him chins up!! Tell him if he doesn't get better soon I'm taking him back to KinVille!! He'll understand... :D :D :D

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:44 pm 

Sadly , We took him back to the VA hospital before I could share what you said. I will be stopping to see him on one or more of my 'layovers' soooo I will share it then !!

Thanks again Stevie B !!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:23 am 

Robb,

What is the exact diagnosis, if Joe doesn't mind giving out this information?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:40 pm 

We have implimented a course of treatment not approved by the FDA ,in fact the medication is available 'over the counter as a supplement ' in Canada. It's working........The battle is far from over but the Drs' are amazed !!!

http://www.facebook.com/time.shark#!/ph ... =1&theater

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:48 am 

Tell him to start eating a lot of Tofu Champaru!!! With or without the SPAM... It's very good stuff!!! Midori Cha!! He knows!!