Uechi-Ryu.com

Discussion Area
It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:46 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Hip Movement
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:19 pm 

Thank you Carlos,

This reminds me of the similar exercises our soccer coach would make us do...standing on one leg for a while...then hopping around obstacles on one leg while being shoulder tackled.

It does build balance, strenght and agility...

These were my soccer legs then...Image

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:55 am 

I love that picture of Valentin Alsina pastures! arose from places so Maradona and Messi!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:29 pm 

True, Carlos, Valentin Alsina, Argentina_the best soccer players I saw anywhere, and where I learned some good stuff back then.

We lived back to a big field where there were soccer games from morning until night.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:08 pm 

Dear Van Sensei

in Valentin Alsina, on football fields, where they met the boys, playing in the middle of the last century built factories, large factories, the largest, which occupied all of those fields, was engaged in the textile industry, when Argentina's financial crisis in the 90s, these companies went bankrupt, and there were just big empty warehouses, two years ago, this land's bought, Club Atletico Lanus, one of the best institutions in the Argentine Football league Champion higher in 2007, and in addition, the fan club of which I am.
There now, is building a large sports center with playing fields for youth soccer club, and an indoor stadium for basketball, volleyball, and all kinds of indoor sports, which will be the largest in South America with the capacity to more than 15,000 people.
Dear Sensei Van, This happened with a ¨Potreros ¨ where you played in their young years.

http://www.clublanus.com/

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:09 pm 

Thank you Carlos. Interesting information bringing back lots of memories.

One other thing I was doing in those days was to continually chase a beautiful horse_ owned by a neighbor with a business_ that was allowed to roam free in the fields next to my house. His name was 'Tito' ...very beautiful... much like this oneImage

He was fast but hated to be ridden. So I learned to corner him or tunnel him, and when he ran at me full gallop, I would jump in front of him and raise my arms, as I was trained to do.

When he stopped, I would then approach and tie a strong cord around the lower jaw through his mouth...then flip the ends of the cord over his neck as I jumped him and rode him without a saddle, 'Indian style'...sometimes racing another boy's horse, neighbor of mine.

Very good memories.

Un abrazo.