Uechi-Ryu.com

Discussion Area
It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:15 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: The Ammo Rush
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:48 pm 

http://www.policeone.com/Gun-Legislatio ... id=6184911

Quote:
ALBANY, N.Y. — Gun enthusiasts fearful of new weapon controls and alarmed by rumors of government hoarding are buying bullets practically by the bushel, making it hard for stores nationwide to keep shelves stocked and even putting a pinch on some local law enforcement departments.

At a 24-hour Walmart in suburban Albany, the ammunition cabinet was three-fourths empty this week; sales clerks said customers must arrive before 9 the morning after a delivery to get what they want. A few miles away, Dick's Sporting Goods puts up a red rope after ammunition deliveries so buyers can line up early to get a number, averting races up the escalator to the gun counter. Both stores are limiting ammunition purchases to three boxes a day.

Post subject: Re: The Ammo Rush
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:58 am 

Ammo got real tight up here too.
One of my buddies labels a portion of his ammo "war chest" It is for emergencies only and never gets fired, unless it's replaced first. Example when he's out of 223 he's still got 4000 rounds. I'm stealing a page out of his book and establishing minimum quantities that can't be used.

Parts and mags also got rather scarce for combat platforms, took me months to score a lower receiver and some part kits. Last pistol I bought I invested another 50% in spare parts and put them away. Plan to do the same with most of my firearms....especially anything that belongs in a bug out bag.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:53 am 

http://www.policeone.com/Gun-Legislatio ... -violence/

Quote:
For those who chose the option of casualties being avoided altogether, I took this to mean the deterrent effect of a show of force prior to an event would stop a potential predator from carrying out his murderous intent in the first place.

What checks the sociopath from completing his act is fear. Fear of the unknown or known gun carrier who is going to punch his ticket to hell right then and right there. This has an immediate effect on reducing violent criminal activity.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:09 pm 

http://survivalist.com/tactical-firearm ... g-secrets/