All times are UTC

Post subject: Brutal Home Invasion
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:04 am 

http://tinyurl.com/ntulxpx

What would you do?

Post subject: Re: Brutal Home Invasion
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:11 am 
Site Admin

As her? No idea. She didn't stand a chance.
Me? He's only got 3" and 20lbs on me. Maybe I throw HIS ass down those stairs.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:15 pm 

In these cases of door kick-down sudden entry, a big dog might be the only answer.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:46 pm 
Site Admin

A little dog's certainly not going to do it. Of course, having a dog, and that dog having free range to be available, are not always mutual. I've seen people keep big dogs penned in on a back porch or in the basement. That's not going to help.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:39 pm 

True. Maybe a dog could be an advance warning system, but then you must look at the individual facing shock and fear at an invasion.

What do you do with the advance warning? You have children to protect...I doubt she could bring a gun into action...not because she is a woman...it applies to men as well.

Most of us in those situations will have a hard time telling our right hand from our left.

This is similar to how my little 12 year old cousin was killed in a home invasion in Rome, the parents overwhelmed by shock and defenseless as 'no guns in my house...or I go'...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:07 pm 

Well my Masiff would tear that guy apart, no question, but with dogs you have to know the breed and the way to treat them and train them.the big thing with this situation was lack of prepardness..........and you get this with a lot of women, compalcency.and stupid notions about firearms that some stupid politician( who they like the look or sound of) has ingrained into them.GUNS bad :roll: .........police will save you.and as we know it's all Bull

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:00 am 

Going thru a bit of a natural disaster up here in the north. Haven't had much time to respond or even visit the forums. everything flooded and buried in mud and rock or just washed away. I've been working 12 to 15 hour days since it happened 10 days ago. One of the communities here that was evacuated had the police search the empty homes and seize all firearms discovered.

The police in a disaster are not what you expect. They are as bad as the looters. Even the Prime Minister has objected to their behavior.

More on this when I get some time off. I'm busy digging out facilities and rebuilding roads , (roads are either buried our washed down the side of the mountain) very little me time these days. Van we lost the gun range. Flooded and buried in mud slides.

More on bug out bags etc at a later date, to busy trying to help people put it back together again. Need to sleep, hot day coming more fun in the flowing water I suspect.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:59 am 

Hi Laird,

So sorry to hear of your plight, my friend. At least, you did not lose the house and did not have to evacuate.

I suppose communities want firearms seized from empty houses for fear of looters using them to loot even more or possibly rape, such as it happened in New Orleans.
Quote:
The police in a disaster are not what you expect. They are as bad as the looters. Even the Prime Minister has objected to their behaviour.

Human nature will never change. What is their particular behaviour?

I can't imagine what you and your family are going thru…how terrible life can be when it suddenly bludgeons you taking away your tranquillity and economic security. Also I don't think many of you have any 'flood insurance'…

Do the best you can, my friend, and keep us posted as you can.