Uechi-Ryu.com

Discussion Area
It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:23 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Hospital violence
PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:48 pm 

What is our society turning into? Violence seems to be everywhere and occurring every minute of the day. Can't go anywhere without preparing for the worst. People seem to be all uptight and walking on edge. The other day I drove by the local grocery store and this young tough guy from one of the side parking access lanes bombed up without stopping, I am always careful with that stuff in parking lots so I stopped and just looked straight ahead without any expression and let him go. He gave me such an belligerent and challenging look that meant only one thing: "Get the f#@ out of my way or I'll --whatever--". Wow! I ignored him of course.
Also, what really gets me sometimes are the violence after some of the football games. Are the terrorists putting stuff in our water supply or something?

Bill Glasheen
Quote:
My dad was a passionate Irishman, but the product of a parochial school education and engineering school discipline. ------ and the ravages of old age slowly took over

Change the word Irishman to Chinaman and you are talking about me, Bill.

It is sad when I see my parents struggling with their old age and health problems. I still can't believe that not long ago I had to show ID before ordering drinks and all of a sudden it seems, I am tackling that old age stuff myself. Frightening.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:06 pm 

I think all this politically correct nonsense has created a horrible society , to me you need to have a polite society , it doesn't matter what people think or believe, just as long as they are polite to each other, now you find confrontation everywhere.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:38 pm 

They don't even need to be polite. Just don't be such jerks or a##h*#@^ toward people.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:10 am 

hthom wrote:
It is sad when I see my parents struggling with their old age and health problems. I still can't believe that not long ago I had to show ID before ordering drinks and all of a sudden it seems, I am tackling that old age stuff myself. Frightening.

If you've got kids, you are now officially part of "the sandwich generation." This was written about at my work (a major health insurer). People would come up to me and say "Wow... this article is describing your life. I had no idea!"

But I remembered how my parents took care of us (8 kids) while they were the only ones in their families to step up and take care of their mothers when things started to deteriorate. I remember how tough it was, and how gracefully they helped my grandmothers land in their next lives. So I was determined to give karma a helping hand when their health declined.

And it really wasn't that hard. And I really do savor it all in the best way. Chaos? Yes. Stress? Absolutely. Occasional family feuds? What family doesn't have them? Regrets? None whatsoever.

My thoughts are with yours, Henry. Hang in there.

- Bill