Uechi-Ryu.com

Discussion Area
It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:26 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: good training
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:36 pm 

I wish that I had people like this to rain with, i get tired of people just throwing one stupid punch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEQ59I-xtUM

I like the way these guys move and think 8)

Post subject: Re: good training
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:32 am 

Your welcome to train here if your in the neighbourhood :)

However you get there , boxing and wrestling skill is a a reality .

head movement level changes , getting of the x , lots to like , but preferably all at once

one thing I do like form Wing Chung and the hakka styles(including Uechi ;) ) is the commitment to flurry , I don't believe you should rely on one of anything.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:01 pm 

When we train practicing the effectiveness of any technique we might know, from any style, one critical thing to keep in mind is that ... your attacker is going to be right on top of you (punching or stabbing you) or flailing at you, alone or with his friends...instead of throwing any pattern of simulated attacks concocted by your mind.

Add the likely superior strength, height, reach - weight and momentum you might be up against, not counting the roller coaster response of your adrenaline dump, and your unperceived physical and emotional vulnerabilities...

And... :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:26 pm 

ur welcome to train here if your in the neighbourhood :)

However you get there , boxing and wrestling skill is a a reality .

head movement level changes , getting of the x , lots to like , but preferably all at once

one thing I do like form Wing Chung and the hakka styles(including Uechi ;) ) is the commitment to flurry , I don't believe you should rely on one of anything.

Yeah, stranger things have happened maybe one day I'll go down under.
One thing with boxing and wrestling is you see what you get.I've never been much interestedin belts or titles just in skill sets

now with Wing Chun as an example, there is all sorts if stuff out there good bad and indifferent, but the really good stuff is just drills, sticking hands mostly and sparring with it, but even there they had tendencies that I don't like,they tended to body punch a lot.......I train on my own a lot now and I use three flurries :lol: a boxing one, a wingchun one and an American kempo one .afer that I tend to mix one off shots into it.......al done on my good friend BOB :wink: