Uechi-Ryu.com

Discussion Area
It is currently Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:59 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:33 am 

I cant find the words to express how proud I am of my dear friend Van Sensei on his promotion tonight.
A true master who is an inspiration to us all. Thank you for all you have done for me and many before me in Uechi-Ryu over the years, I look forward to many more intense workouts in the years to come!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 6:27 pm 

Hi Fedele,

Thank you for your kindness, you have always been of comfort to me in so many ways over the long years, in particular when I was thunderstruck by family tragedy recently.

The evening's event was laden with emotion and camaraderie _made even more heart-rending by the adverse circumstances surrounding the well being of our dearest Canadian brother now locked in torment, and my ongoing grieving process for the loss of my son.

To see so many more good friends and acquaintances who made a special effort to attend despite the rain _ the long distance driving from out of state and Canada, and the observance of the moment of silence in a gesture of respect for the memory of my boy…will forever linger in my memory.

Each and everyone of them, who also brought their spouses and children along, are indeed very special people etched in my thoughts.

For the Sumer Camp group coming together in the way we witnessed, is indeed the true pinnacle of the Uechi Ryu experience from which we continue to gain both strength and inspiration. I went back home realizing that in our group none of us will ever walk alone.

I was so happy to see you there last night. Thank you for being a great friend…

…and a big thank you to everyone for their warmth of feelings.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:10 pm 

This from our friend Bob Campbell
Quote:
Dear Van

My heart and pray's go out to the Swinimer Family.

In our youth, we felt invincible.

In our Sunset years, we begin to know about the frailty of life and for some, perhaps the lost opportunities & chances to love, forgive and rejoice in life's good moments, good times, good memories !

Warmest regards,

Bob