Uechi-Ryu.com

Discussion Area
It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:19 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 1999 1:32 am 

Van sensei: I have managed to arrange my schedule to work in the above mentioned course being taught in my area. It meets one night a week, three hours, for 12 weeks, and includes three full Sundays on the range (including one after dark) plus one evening in the local woods and one in a derelict building. An additional Sunday to complete the IDPA Classifier is optional.

If last night's class is indicative of things to come, the next few months will be really educational. The class of 19 is made up of a good cross section of people, including an ER physician and a lawyer. In addition to the fee, the other requirement of participation is a current and valid concealed carry permit to verify that all are law abiding citizens (who have had an FBI background check).

If you are interesred, I'll fax the schedule for your comments. My email is UechiRich@aol.com if you want to send me a fax #.

For thought, here is something from yesterday's discussion on the mindset of decent people versus criminals. I do not have the reference for this:

"DECENT PEOPLE AND PREDATORY CRIMINALS - ITS ALL A MATTER OF CONDITIONING...

Decent people are conditioned from childhood on, that force is not to be used against other people, except as a last resort when defending oneself.

Decent people are conditioned to use explanation, discussion and negotiation as tools for dispute resolution.

Decent people are conditioned to believe that theft is morally wrong, and that if one is to acquire something of value, one must find an appropriate way to earn or purchase it.

Decent people are conditioned from adolescence that rape is not an acceptable form of sexual gratification, exercise of power, or method of communication.

Decent people are conditioned to think that it is important to keep one's word or promise once given, and that a deal is a deal.

ON THE OTHER HAND...

Predatory criminals are conditioned from childhood in many cases that force and violence are perfectly acceptable ways of getting what they want. They have no problem resorting to unprovoked violence to further their ends. Those not physically impressive enough to practice violence at a high level have learned to substitute treachery for force.

Predatory criminals are conditioned to believe that attempts to explain, negotiate, reason, discuss or compromise are pathetic and weak.

Predatory criminals learn very early on in life that theft of another person's property is a perfectly reasonable way to acquire nice things, and that only 'chumps' work to earn property.

Predatory criminals view rape as a completely acceptable form of sexual or power gratification, and have no moral constraints with regard to this crime. Some refer to acts of rape as 'dates' or 'doing their thing'.

Predatory criminals have learned to do or say anything in the moment that will convince their intended victim to cooperate with them. Unfortunately, they have no problem with breaking their word once given, as in 'If you come with me into the woods and don't scream, I won't hurt you.'

Words to consider.

Rich

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 1999 2:18 am 

Rich:

could you also send me some info. I think you have my E-mail.

I let you know how my particular clone works.

JT

------------------

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 1999 2:19 am 

Rich,

You have made the right choice to study this course! It sounds like this instructor knows what he is doing by the way that he conditions your thought process before bringing you to the edge of having to take human life in self-defense! You have a big advantage because of the several years of subliminal conditioning this forum has given you! When you get done with that course you will be able to teach us all some serious lessons! I look forward to it!

I am glad you are not adverse to the learning of becoming a “wolf” when the chips are down!
Just think of how many “sheep” are right now reading these posts disagreeing with this line of thinking while preparing themselves for the slaughter !

------------------
Van Canna

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 1999 2:38 am 

JT: Yes, I can fax but not email as this is all hard copy. The instructor has given me permission to share the info. When it comes time to work on empty hand techniques I may be called upon to 'assist'.

Van: Yes, mindset is the key.

About a week ago, a home intrusion took place at a private residence just off campus near U. VA. A female student and her male friend had fallen asleep in her home after some late night festivities (they were fully clothed). An intruder woke them up, put a gun in the mans face, put a pillow over his head and said he'd shoot him if he tried to stop him from raping the women. Well, he did not and the girl was raped. Oh man, how could he live with that?

I was with my wife in the car (we were driving to Blacksburg VA to visit my daughter at VA Tech) when the report came over the radio. After a moment I looked over and said 'you know, I might not be able to stop an intruder from doing that to you, but I'd die trying'. The look on her face said it all. BTW, she'd be heading for her S&W while I was distracting the perp so I'm certain she'd exact revenge.

There is mediteranian in my blood for certain, and it would seem some in her's as well.

Rich