Uechi-Ryu.com

Discussion Area
It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:27 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Torture Chamber
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 1999 5:50 am 

Van-sensei was kind enough to let me into his private torture chamber last week. For those of you who haven't experienced this thrill I would advise that you get a medical checkup before requesting an invitation!

Despite some personal frustations (e.g. locked keys in car while with harried wife)in just under an hour, Van was able to impart additional explosiveness into some of my techniques.

Van, please accept my deepest thanks for your time and my humblest aplogies for any incovenience.

Best regards,

Mike

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 1999 12:14 pm 

I am also one of the fortunate ones to have attended the TC. What an experience! For anyone out there you may be deluded into thinking that Van is resting on his laurels.. forget about it. He works 5 times harder than anyone there. (Renshi Peter B. is right behind him! Awesome!) The principles he teaches are amazing for developing acceleration in strikes and mega impact.

The concepts are to develop the mind set and animalistic "muscle memory" for serious defense and attacks. This is not your average workout.

He really puts the crane and tiger into Uechi.

What an experience.

Mike- go to your local True Value, buy a magnetic box and a spare key and you'll never be late again.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 1999 4:57 am 
Mike,

I usually keep a good sized mallet or a tire iron handy for just such occasions. Next time you lock yourself out of the car at the TC, I'll be glad to help.

------------------
Allen - [email]uechi@ici.net">uechi@ici.net</A> - <A HREF="http://www.uechi-ryu.org[/email]

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 1999 5:40 am 

Kevin,

Sage advice re: locked keys and I intend to follow thorugh. Unfortunately this was a rental and I only had one key. I was just plain careless!

To Andy,

Um, I don't think the rental car co. would have appreciated the mallet and /or tire iron approach. I do appreciate the offer.

It was AAA to the rescue. I never leave home (or CA) without it.

Mike

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 1999 11:50 am 
miked,

I guess being immersed in a hard-soft ma system, one automatically develops and hones both soft and hard solutions to many problems.

Will you be at the TC this week too?

------------------
Allen - [email]uechi@ici.net">uechi@ici.net</A> - <A HREF="http://www.uechi-ryu.org[/email]

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 1999 8:27 pm 

Allen,

I'm back in sunny L.A.. Sorry I'll miss the workout.

Mike