need a sensei and training partners

Locate a teacher or instructor in your area. Also a forum for posting information about your new or unpublicized dojo.

Moderator: gmattson

Post by Guest »

I have begun training in Uechi after a 22 year break. I now live in Banff Alberta Canada. There is no Uechi-Ryu Dojo in this area. Anyone know someone who has moved to my area? I would be pleased if some one knows of somebody that they have them contact me.

Laird Elliott
Banff Alberta
Canada
Last edited by Guest on Thu Nov 21, 2002 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bruce Hirabayashi

Post by Bruce Hirabayashi »

Banff, Alberta! I've been told by some of my cousins who live in the Calary area that the Banff area has some of the most spectacular scenery in Canada. Wonderful for skiing and hiking, but unfortunately not necessarily a hotbed for Uechi-ryu Karate-do Image. If you haven't already, you might contact your fellow Albertans 415km away in Edmonton if they've heard of anyone closer to you:

Ken Read: Edmonton Alberta, Canada: 780-439-6950

Doug Smith: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada: 780-496-7498 e-mail: uechi-ryu@home.com

Neil Dunnigan: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada: email:"dunnigan@compusmart.ab.ca"

Rick Wilson, Edmonton, Alberta (780) 413-4500 "wilsonrb@home.com"

Good luck to you Laird!

Bruce Hirabayashi
Uechi-ryu Atlanta

Post by Guest »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bruce Hirabayashi:
Banff, Alberta but unfortunately not necessarily a hotbed for Uechi-ryu Karate-do

Bruce Hirabayashi
Uechi-ryu Atlanta
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not a hot bed of uechi-ryu yet!In a few years who knows. Thanks for the tips Bruce.
I have contacted sensei Dunnigan, I quess its time to check with the rest of the folks up north in Edmonton. Banff has a large transient population, sooner or later one of those new folks is going to be another Uechi-ryu student.Once again thanks for the tips.

Laird Elliott
Banff Alberta

Return to “Locate a Teacher or Dojo”