Akil, why?

"OldFist" is the new and official Forum Arbitrator. "I plan to do a straight forward job of moderating, just upholding the mission statement of the forums, trying to make sure that everyone is courteous, and that no one is rudely intimidated by anyone else."

Moderator: gmattson

AAAhmed46

Akil, why?

Post by AAAhmed46 »

This is for Akil.

Alright, i can understand why you would want to stand up for muslims and everything, im muslim.

But it seems like everyone on this forum seems to agree and do not target us as a whole people, it seems everyone knows that the terrorists are different from other muslims. The people of this forum have shown they understand this time and time again.

Yet you seem to try and push the subject again and again, and at times, you are very sarcastic.

Like the pictures you posted on the london bombing thread. People were expressing how horrified they were, but you put the pictures up. Just because someone is pro-war doesnt mean they hate Islam and want to kill all arabs or anyone with ibn in thier name. Lairds pro war, and i love the guy(in a way thats not gay)
Everyone has agreed that the problems in the middle east are complicated and not black and white, but you stilll push such topics.

Why do you push these issues?

Im not trying to insult you, i just want to know your reasons for being so persistant.
Mills75

Funny

Post by Mills75 »

Lairds pro war, and i love the guy(in a way thats not gay)...AAAhmed46 comments above lol..

That was extremely funny... :D

Jeff
Jeff

Post by Guest »

Funny that Ahhhmed views me as pro war...or funny that he wants to make sure I know he's not hitting on me? :lol:
Mills75

Post by Mills75 »

LOL really you're right I probably should have said so in the first place but I think both ways in how he said it were really funny. Like even though Laird is a warmonger and loves that war lol i'm glad I still love him and not in a gay way lol.. :D :D :D I can love pro war guys who aren't gay just made me laugh that was funny..lol

Jeff :D
Jeff

Post by Guest »

Adam, I enjoy you as well. You have brought an interesting counter point to Akil's non stop retoric. And you have done it politely without insulting anyone or dishonouring yourself. This is a skill some on the forums lack. Your a good example to all of us my friend.

I enjoy the way you speak your mind and the way you question your martial arts. This inquizitive nature of yours has helps you progress.

BTW I was impressed with the progress you have made in a short time.

Hopefully Akil will respond to your post....but don't hold your breath while you wait.....it ain't Uechi to hold ones breath :roll:
Mills75

Post by Mills75 »

Hope I didn't insult you or Adam in any way Laird..I was just merely having fun and seeing a little comedy and humor in Adams words but not to poke fun or ridicule. So hope I didn't offend anyone. and by me joking saying warmonger it sounded like that from the words not that I meant or thought you were one by far. Just the words were funny and I again apologize if I offended anyone cause it wasn't meant that way. Now i'll stop clogging up Adams post and question for Akil..Sorry in advance for anything misconstrued. I was finding humor cause I seriously doubt anyone is pro war is all and I know Adam was kidding when he said that but it was still funny the way it was said. Apologies offered for anything taken wrong.

Jeff
Jeff

Post by Guest »

Jeff no worries, Adam has a good sense of humour just like the rest of us. :) I'm sure he's fine with this.
Oldfist

Re: Akil, why?

Post by Oldfist »

[b]AAAhmed46[/b] wrote:This is for Akil.

Alright, i can understand why you would want to stand up for muslims and everything, im muslim.

But it seems like everyone on this forum seems to agree and do not target us as a whole people, it seems everyone knows that the terrorists are different from other muslims. The people of this forum have shown they understand this time and time again.

Yet you seem to try and push the subject again and again, and at times, you are very sarcastic.

Like the pictures you posted on the london bombing thread. People were expressing how horrified they were, but you put the pictures up. Just because someone is pro-war doesnt mean they hate Islam and want to kill all arabs or anyone with ibn in thier name. Lairds pro war, and i love the guy(in a way thats not gay)
Everyone has agreed that the problems in the middle east are complicated and not black and white, but you stilll push such topics.

Why do you push these issues?

Im not trying to insult you, i just want to know your reasons for being so persistant.
Adam, a very reasonable question. I have been puzzling over this too. I thought that on one recent thread on another forum, Akil (Todd Harvey) gave a very revealing perspective on where he was coming from which involved the description of some predjudicial treatment that his family was receiving.

So, I am guessing here, but it seems that instead of having as one's highest concern the objective, logical discussion of a very complex issue, it may be that he feels his primary reason for posting is more of as a crusade to defend the down trodden. So, his posts may seem more to be always trying to display any and all possible threads of evidence of such predjudicial treatment, as opposed to always starting with the assumption that we will take an issue, objectively evaluate it from both points of view, and then reason to whatever conclusions are possible. If one's primary concern is a protest against something, then of course that will inhibit one's ability to engage in mutual productive discussion and communication.

As I said, I emphasize that I am guessing here, and so I would respectfully like to hear from the real source too.

Akil, how about it .... ?

John
AAAhmed46

Post by AAAhmed46 »

Dont worry mills, i know you were kidding.
Mills75

Post by Mills75 »

Thanks Adam... :wink:
Jeff
AAAhmed46

Post by AAAhmed46 »

I used to be like that too, when i was 15, i was just like Akil, i was obsessed with the same topics. But now im 19, so i grew up more and became more level headed about this.

Return to “Verbal Self Defense”