Hi

"OldFist" is the new and official Forum Arbitrator. "I plan to do a straight forward job of moderating, just upholding the mission statement of the forums, trying to make sure that everyone is courteous, and that no one is rudely intimidated by anyone else."

Moderator: gmattson

T. Blauer

Hi

Post by T. Blauer »

Len,

Just wanted to say Hi and that it was nice to meet you. Thanks for volunteering your body during the HIGH GEAR drills.

I've posted a more complete letter in Van's forum, but wanted to say hi.

Tony Blauer
LenTesta

Hi

Post by LenTesta »

Coach Blauer,
It was my pleasure to meet you. I enjoyed the scenario demonstrations with your excellant High Gear suit. I will highly (no pun intended) recommend it to any dojo owner and will start saving money to purchase at least one full suit. I was hit very hard by Gary Khoury (upside the face), Mike Murphy (knee to chest), Rafi Derderian (front kicks to the chest), and even the women! I felt the blows but sustained no injuries. I only wish I could have attacked them back, but they were not wearing the suits themselves. I will try to coax Jake into coming down to my dojo with his suits so I can reinact a scenario with both dressed.
Thank you very much for the audio tape you gave me. I will listen and study it and share it with others on this forum.

You are a remarkable teacher and I recommend that all martial artists should attend one of your seminars.

------------------
Len Testa
Jake Steinmann

Hi

Post by Jake Steinmann »

Len,
I guess I could have my arm twisted into bringing the suits down Image
Drop me an email (blacksteel@aol.com), and we'll work out something.

Jake

------------------
Defeat is worse than death. You have to live with defeat - Seal Team Slogan
LenTesta

Hi

Post by LenTesta »

It was a pleasure to meet you at camp and work out with Coach Blauer, Phil, Mat and you.

I will take you up on that offer and I will e-mail you to set up something.

------------------
Len Testa
Doctor X

Hi

Post by Doctor X »

Tony:

It was definitely a pleasure to meet you in person. For the readers, I had asked him about his approach to verbal self-defense. He provided me with some tapes, and I will let everyone know about them as I listen.

Len:

Thank you again for the hospitality. If it does not have garlic, it is not worth eating.

Jake:

Good to meet you again also. By the way, I noticed as I journied towards Len's for Van's TC class that I passed Brandeis. You should really give it a try. I think you will find it incorporates a lot of what you have learned from Coach Blauer.

--J.D.

Return to “Verbal Self Defense”