Why do we train ?

Reopened!!! The jujitsu forum will focus on traditional and non-traditional Jujitsu/grappling arts.
J. Sheldon

Why do we train ?

Post by J. Sheldon »

I started training in Uechi- Ryu when I was 29 under Rick Martin in Largo Florida, but as we all know sometimes life gets in the way and after a year of training I had to stop. I told myself that someday I would start to train again I started back when I was 40 but it was Shinto Yoshin Ryu Jiu Jitsu not Uechi. I trained hard and now at the age of 56 I feel that I am just starting to realize that my journey in martial arts is just starting . The more I am privileged to learn the more I want to learn .I train to keep my mind body and soul on the path or the way. I do not think that one system is better than another I feel that all can learn . Stay green and grow. The only absolute is that there are none. I would enjoy hearing from anyone who would like to talk about there training, and look forword to meeting new brothers and sisters in the martial arts
gmattson
Site Admin

Good to see you on the forums again

Post by gmattson »

Jack... Rick Martin turns out some really impressive Black Belts. You received your basic training from the best!
GEM
"Do or do not. there is no try!"

Return to “Jujitsu/Grappling Arts”