Hookers

Reopened!!! The jujitsu forum will focus on traditional and non-traditional Jujitsu/grappling arts.
T Rose

Hookers

Post by T Rose »

came across the term Hookers used in conjunction with old time wrestlers
http://www.ecwpress.com/books/wrestling.htm

seems that the new guys, journeymen, wouldn't be taught these movements (hooking) till they were established. The old pro's kept these moves in their bags till they were needed.. any ideas??

thanks
T Rose

Hookers

Post by T Rose »

T Rose

Hookers

Post by T Rose »

Joe Sullivan

Hookers

Post by Joe Sullivan »

Looks like your doing some homework.

Tracy, I know there is a tape series out called "the lost art of hooking."
You might want to check it out, look in "Blackbelt Magazine" for the advertisement. Check online at Panther Videos.

I agree with what I read pertaining to fighting from the back. As I frequently remind my students, the guard (on one's back with the legs controlling the opponent) is not a primary position, but a transitory position used, only when needed, to sweep to a more dominant position or hunt for a quick submission.

See you on Saturday!

Joe P
T Rose

Hookers

Post by T Rose »

Judo Gene LaBell's books look like they touch on hooking... most of the holds he uses look to complicated to get on an unwilling partner... he does a nice one from a scarf. Instead of putting his arm around the neck, he passes his arm behind the neck and grabs the far arm... tried it last night felt like my head was going to come off..

Return to “Jujitsu/Grappling Arts”