Notes from the Field

Reopened!!! The jujitsu forum will focus on traditional and non-traditional Jujitsu/grappling arts.
Steve

Notes from the Field

Post by Steve »

Walked back onto the mat at Joe Pomfret's dojo last night after a three month absence and had my head handed to me.

- It was the first time in two years that I've been taken down (thanks Kuli!).

- And a 130 lb. high school student worked effortlessly to submit me while I struggled for breath - too out of shape to keep up (thanks Andy!).

Two observations:

1) It reinforced the importance of constant/consistent conditioning - brought up before by T. Rose - especially for those of us over age 40, and

2) The quality of instruction and the skill level of the students at Reality Self Defense has risen to the next level because of Joe's training at JBA Ju-Jitsu in Fall River under Don Banville.

Stop in and see for yourself! (Oxygen tank optional)

------------------
D. Steven White
swhite@umassd.edu
Joe Sullivan

Notes from the Field

Post by Joe Sullivan »

Steve, thank you for the only compliment that I pay attention to, which is that the students are receiving quality instruction.

The more that you know, the less that you will have to try. Keep on training until you have reached the point where it's your opponent who is exerting all of the energy. That way all you have to do is wait until he\she springs the trap!

Return to “Jujitsu/Grappling Arts”