NOT AGAIN?

Reopened!!! The jujitsu forum will focus on traditional and non-traditional Jujitsu/grappling arts.
mikemurphy

NOT AGAIN?

Post by mikemurphy »

I know this is not the forum to write this in but it involves every art and every school, so I guess it doesn't really matter. The stories I have been hearing are true regarding an abuse case at a Tae Kwon Do school not more than 200 yds away from my school.

This school Xaiver's Boston Tae Kwon Do is run by a guy who is a very well-known competitor in the area. Well, one of his students, who he had teaching for him, decided that he wanted a little more out of teaching. He was arrested and charged with 11 counts of indecent assault and battery on a child less than 14 and two counts of assault and battery. This is after being charged intitially with 6 similar counts.

Good for business or bad for business? Who knows? I think is it bad for everyone, especially for the children who were molested. Anyway, he's still running classes as they are trying to keep it hush hush, so we'll see how long that lasts.

It just goes to show you how lucky we are to have good people at our dojo.

mike
Gene DeMambro

NOT AGAIN?

Post by Gene DeMambro »

Was it in the news, or word of mouth?

Was an arrest made, charges filed and all that?

If you have them I'm keenly interested in as many verifiable facts as possible, even if privately.

Gene

GenoRPh@aol.com
mikemurphy

NOT AGAIN?

Post by mikemurphy »

Geno,

The information that I related was in one of the local newspapers (Ledger or Enterprise), I'm not sure which. The man was arrested and let go on a $10,000 bail and his case is continued on Nov. 14, 2001. Randolph is either Quincy District or Hingham courthouse. I'm not sure what county it is in.

mike
LenTesta

NOT AGAIN?

Post by LenTesta »

Well the cat is finaly out of the bag.
I am glad they arrested this guy.

For all the parents of young children studying karate please go to this link to read what I wrote about teaching children to speak up about violations of these despicable teachers.

The article states how teachers are supposed to be touching their students. Any other touching other what was written in my article should be brought to the attention of the parent immediately.

We are very fortunate to be invoilved in an organization (IUKF) that has many outstanding teachers who would never even consider harming one of their students physically or mentally.

Too bad there are others out there who continue to abuse their positions.

------------------
Len

Return to “Jujitsu/Grappling Arts”