More focus on intelligence?

This is Dave Young's Forum.
Can you really bridge the gap between reality and training? Between traditional karate and real world encounters? Absolutely, we will address in this forum why this transition is necessary and critical for survival, and provide suggestions on how to do this correctly. So come in and feel welcomed, but leave your egos at the door!
AAAhmed46

More focus on intelligence?

Post by AAAhmed46 »

I have heard bush is funding heavy research on tanks and new guns and other stuff.

But shouldn't intelligence be the focus? With good intelligence, the military could target insurgents, terrorists with greater ease with less civilian casualties. I mean, striking at the terrorist camps and such, or if you know where the headquarters are, you could bomb those.
Bill Glasheen

Post by Bill Glasheen »

I posted an article here from The Wall Street Journal some time back on this. It was an article about Dick Cheney's recommendations for long-term funding of the military.

Not a lot of money for aircraft carriers, big bang weapons, etc., etc.

Lots of money for a faster, nimbler, smarter military.

From what I hear, there is a LOT of interest in people who can speak the various Middle East languages (Arabic, Farsi, etc.).

Bad intelligence got us into a lot of bad situations in the last decade.

- Bill
Last edited by Bill Glasheen on Sat Jul 09, 2005 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chef

Off subject

Post by chef »

Sent you a message, concerns upcoming seminar (5:56 PM, Sat.). Please read and respond ASAP
"Cry in the dojo, laugh in the battlefield"
AAAhmed46

Post by AAAhmed46 »

But havent you heard that bush is putting billions of dollars on making a 'super suit' for infantry?
Valkenar

Post by Valkenar »

AAAhmed46 wrote:But havent you heard that bush is putting billions of dollars on making a 'super suit' for infantry?
So the man's a fan of Gundam Wing... there are worse things.
f.Channell

Post by f.Channell »

I have hear for years of the possibilities of exo-skeletons for warfare.
I wonder if this is the suit they are referring to.
Incredible technology, look at the power of an ant and the weights it can lift.

Hard to believe when from what I hear the troops are so poorly outfitted they must buy their own equipment.

I think investing in bombs and what not is better for stuffing money in the pockets of the defense industry.

I feel like quoting Dylan.
"Masters of War"

You fasten the triggers
For the others to fire
Then you set back and watch
When the death count gets higher
You hide in your mansion
As young people's blood
Flows out of their bodies
And is buried in the mud

Used to be a full blown Reagan Republican.
F.
Sans Peur Ne Obliviscaris
www.hinghamkarate.com
Panther

Post by Panther »

Com'on folks...

Having the military get more funding to be better outfitted for Urban Warfare is a win-win from the power-brokers' perspective! Once they're done perfecting the techniques and the technology in foreign lands, they'll share it with their "allies". Then, while our brave men and women of the military who understand the Constitution and the freedoms that they are fighting to preserve are busy elsewhere, the power-brokers will "invite" those "allies" into the U.S. to enforce U.N. doctrines that American citizens would never go along with!

In fact, as part of an "omnibus spending bill" awhile back, Massachusetts' own Rep, Jim McGovern was instrumental (along with others) in slipping in a provision that allows for 6000 U.N. (Foreign nationals) troops to be permanently stationed in New England! At a time when we're closing down U.S. military bases and installations, why would any true American want to allow those same places to be used by Foreign troops under U.N. control? When confronted on this, McGovern always claims that you've "misread" the legislation, but he doesn't give the supposedly "true" meaning to you and his office either doesn't send out copies of the legislation when asked by constituants or "leaks" that the person is a "conspiracy nutcase". Tsk, tsk...

If and when things aren't going the way someone in power thinks they should be going, you can bet on any knowledge gained in Urban Warfare being put to use in this country as well... Let's just hope it doesn't get that far.

Return to “Realist Training”