From the Author...

Contributors offers insight into the non-physical side of the Martial Arts, often ignored when discussing self-defense.
gmattson
Site Admin

From the Author...

Post by gmattson »

George,

Thank you very much for your kind words and for posting the first chapter on your forum. Also, I appreciate the comments you made on the forum. When I set out to write this book it was intended for people such as yourself, people who have been studying this art for most of their lives and who appreciate what Okinawa and its legacy is all about. It is very rewarding to know that I was successful in that attempt and that the endless hours I spent studying old texts and interviewing people for authenticity have paid off. If there is anything I can do in the future to help you in any way please let me know.

I will be starting some promotional trips for the book sometime this year. One of the things we have in mind is to set up a clinic and spend some time aftwerward signing copies and discussing the book with interested students. If you are at all interested in something like that let me know. I do clinics and seminars on Okinawan weapons, kata and bunkai, jo/boken, jujitsu basics and a few other related topics. . . .

Thanks again for everything and I hope to meet you someday soon.

Respectfully,
Robert Hunt
mufty

Post by mufty »

Hi George

It's Graham Moughton from the UK. I have just loged on and wanted to talk about Sanchin breathing. But lost the thread so I decided to post it here.

It was an interesting news letter about your experiment.

Especially concerning the people who suffer from asmath.

Over the many years I have been teaching, I have noticed that breathing in Sanchin and Karate generally has helped my students who suffer with asmath, however I also noticed that those who stop training have a better lung capacity, and those who continue training tend to reduce their medication and sometimes realise that medication is only needed on occasions that they find themselves in a situation where the asmath attack is very acute.

I thought your experiment was very good.

Regards

Graham Moughton
sensei@nikawakai.co.uk

www.nikawakai.co.uk
gmattson
Site Admin

Thanks Grahm.

Post by gmattson »

The "thread" on breathing can be found on Van's forum. (There are two)

Best,
George

Return to “Mind-Body-Spirit Forum”