If Everything is in sanchin.....

Contributors offers insight into the non-physical side of the Martial Arts, often ignored when discussing self-defense.
mickpappas

tailoring sanchin

Post by mickpappas »

"Do i face sanchin on sanchins terms and conditions ,or do I tailor them to suit my own."
How true, how true Max.

How often do we stand "before" sanchin, before the first bow, and think "I can't give what I should". This is the test, the defeat before we start. Knowing that it needs to be better.

In this mood, I find it productive to reach deep and do all that I can - as we all do. Knowing that I'm preparing for another time when I'm feeling better and flowing with it.

I don't know which is the MOST productive mood but I'm sure that they each serve a purpose in improving me in the direction that I want to go.
In the midway of this our mortal life ...
maxwell ainley

Post by maxwell ainley »

Hi Mick, my friend long time no see ,we go back a way must be creeping up 30 years now :D remember you sometimes met me of the train at lime st ?.

You are quite correct Mick in reaching deep instead of just another sanchin ,these are points of enquiry for any serious practioner .
I know this reaching a bit deeper can and is very difficult to describe ,sort of putting it down on paper, trying to do this can give one a better grasp of direction, back later with more , take care Mick .

max.
max ainley
mickpappas

reaching deep

Post by mickpappas »

It's great to chat again Max.

I think that there's a similarity here between our mental attitude in Sanchin and in za-zen meditation. Not that they are the same (or different :? ), but it is said that when meditating, the more difficult it is to find the serenity and peace, the more good it's doing for you.

Facing the opponent (yourself) at difficult times - when you don't want to for whatever reason, known or un-known, forges links and controls that build bonds with the opponent.
maxwell ainley

Post by maxwell ainley »

Hi Mick ,nice to chat again.

your point "i think there's a similarity here between our mental attitude in sanchin and in za zen meditation ".

Very true yet some differances are glaringly obvious ,such as sanchin is a fighting concept as well ,wereas one normally would have to take za-zen understanding or spirit forging understanding to the fighting art ,we see various examples of this in the arts etc.
My own understanding is the zen element is in sanchin ,this is yet another reason for or to point to sanchins brilliance has a all-inclusive form .
Now it is possible to bring out sort of illuminate the zen side or totally block it out ,depending upon understanding levels .

Has I point out in the original sanchin and nothing but sanchin training ,one is forced to either face sanchin on sanchins terms, or run ,or tailor .now at the moment these are my primary points ,run or to tailor or avoid as much has possible .
The whole situation changes once one stops any of those senarios and stands one's ground,this can really be spelled out as the emergance of a new man ,that is on track heading towards all-inclusiveness and the most important principle at that level of understanding is the new man can be self supporting [free of support material ]

max..
max ainley
maxwell ainley

Post by maxwell ainley »

This is a very difficult path but very very possible ,specalist knowledge is a requirement ,or one would fail and need support .
The all or nothing but sanchin training provides for this but it must be understood everything one needs is in sanchin and not else were, so a massive leap of faith is needed a super need ,super efforts ,super output .

max.
max ainley
maxwell ainley

Post by maxwell ainley »

If I am tailoring time to sanchin ,always putting it off for some other year ,I will never make a super effort ,also if I bring meanings back to sanchin from support material ,that makes me see sanchin in yet another new light ,sanchin still only gets so much time alloted to it .if support is given more attentions .
Sanchins movements will never be primary ,they will not be the ones I would defend myself with ,or even could as a matter of fact ,I would have to use any more well worked movement from support material .

I have had super fath in sanchin being all-inclusive ,and its paid of because those are my primary motions and not seisans or sanseirui

sanchin is a fighting art , and can if special efforts are paid to it as primary and not just a training form for say seisan .

max.
max ainley
Stryke

Post by Stryke »

and the most important principle at that level of understanding is the new man can be self supporting
maybe the true meaning to all is in Sanchin Max ?

maybe the commitment to one such form and understanding and focus on oneselfs reiliance .
mickpappas

sanchin tinted spectacles

Post by mickpappas »

I'm thinking that Sanchin as a basis for the rest, means that we come to perform other functions via Sanchin. Eventually it is influencing all that we do. To some extent this would be true of most things that reach a particular level and importance in our life. I imagine that the importance given to Sanchin in our training will have that effect.

We come to (see the world) perform our karate through Sanchin (coloured spectacles) though all the other stuff (sorry to lump it all together folks - I don't mean to imply any hierarchy) will have a similar influence proportional to how much of our time we devote to it.
maxwell ainley

Post by maxwell ainley »

Hi markus, this new man can work unsupported not rely on support material ,this in no way implys support is not needed ,it is .
At this point just attempting to show the other side of the coin which is also equally valid ,looking at sanchin from a different perspective to the norm .

Lets look at the beginning is the end the end the beginning concept again .
once all support material is exhausted ,we are back to sanchin to move onward ,we have this great abundance of insight into sanchin ,yet we would need new eyes to progress sanchin ,we are in a stalemate position ,only the new man can help out now ,the man of abundance must change to move ,he must become a new man .

max.
max ainley
maxwell ainley

Post by maxwell ainley »

Hi Mick ,very true :D

max.
max ainley
Stryke

Post by Stryke »

Thanks Max :)

Understood , one must let go of ones assumtions and confront ones new reality .

continued examination , maybe confidence in the ability to continually start anew .

to become ones biggest critic and greatest supporter .

Is it as simple to sum it up as a matter of faith ?
maxwell ainley

Post by maxwell ainley »

Hi Markus .

" Is it as simple as to sum it up as a matter of faith"
We do need faith, at every level ,quite simply its very difficult to peep ,view ,understand new levels ,so it is with new man .
For instance if a practioner turns a small part of his/her attentions to sanchin ,then very gradually increases attention this will demand a gradual increase in faith ,but if one turns all ones attention straight away that is, a greater demand will be needed of faith ,the impact will be dramatic upon this faith ,but we can tailor this faith also to suit us.

All this is in sanchin ,we bring our level to sanchin of faith ,but we don't always gauge our faith ,we need to support this faith to face sanchin ,the masters knew this
My faith is supported by sanchin ,my attention is on sanchin the demand becomes great to not turn attention away to keep up faith .
This is were the will comes in to matters, and patience to add softness to the strain imposed by fath ,faith is always at the back of things when we think its not present .
Once I UNDERSTAND how faith works within sanchin ,from past experience [bio-feedback like ] I become aware of growth of faith .
max.
max ainley
Stryke

Post by Stryke »

Thanks Max 8)
maxwell ainley

Post by maxwell ainley »

This week do I have more faith in sanchin ? or as this faith decreased .
It now follows ;I need to keep tabs upon this faith ,such as how its either strong /constant or it tends to wax and wane [a type of rollercoaster effect ] this all comes under the umberella principle of understanding who and what i am in relationship to sanchin .
Looking into faith what type of feeling /emotion is present within ,when I START TO GRASP ,learn to view this faith ? .
Such as is it a spirit type faith or one of the body ,or one of the mind ,or is it a emotional matter ?.
I MUST LEARN TO DISTINGUISH ,between these elements that I put into sanchin ,and what sanchin in turn stir up ,or brings to my growing expanding consciousness ,is faith growing in this consciousness, or is it moribund .
Sanchin starts to become all -inclusive at these critcal learng points ,are we aware of these subtle differances or do we "emu-like bury our heads in the sand ,and only pull out our head to see feel/ what we want and not always what is being placed before our dimned attentions via sanchin.
All is in sanchin .

Max.
max ainley
maxwell ainley

Post by maxwell ainley »

I am interested , this feeling that cuts across mind body spirit can and does carry us with out much efforts at times,i have also been interested in what happens when this ,interested feeling reaches its limit on sanchin ,and I just can't rely on pure interest to continue .

I know variety can re-stimulate our interest ,but my point is this interest will always have its limit .this brings my posts to the fact we are limited ,do we see this ?

My point is ,this is a attempt to increase on this limited aspect that we are ,and consist of even though we may deny ,through nothing but sanchin ,do you now start to see my whole point I am using sanchin as a all-inclusive form ,this will obviously be nothing but a theory at first ,but very gradual like it wiill become PRACTICAL.

Once this idea becomes practical ,we are on the road ,we have our show up and running.
I noted once this limit was reached on sanchin ,I resisted seeking variety ,I needed will ,then when time was available I avoided sanchin ,or I started to tailor or wished to tailor sanchin if pushed by a teacher .
the emergance of a will is not a rosy path ,at those pushing my limits, there is no joy or pleasure ,I NOTE I have got past the pleasure part ,and the show is still running ,sanchin is not even entertaining ,i have at pushing my limits ,no other resourse than to simply attempt to watch .
The ability to watch can become a skill ,I say this quite simply because when sanchin is pushed I am pushed ,its placed before my dimmed eyes ,by watching nothing but sanchin .
So these very much neeed observations ,are placed before us more rapidly when sanchin is faced , when we avoid sanchin we avoid these matters ,putting then off for yet another day.
max.
max ainley

Return to “Mind-Body-Spirit Forum”