If Everything is in sanchin.....

Contributors offers insight into the non-physical side of the Martial Arts, often ignored when discussing self-defense.
maxwell ainley

Post by maxwell ainley »

So the methodology illuminates is now further illuminated via will .
His this will in the brain amongst all the cells neural pathways ,or is it seated in the emotions ,or is it within the mind its self .
We can now see that the will as reached a level on sanchin ,in very simple terms the will as reached a illuminated position its not behind pushing driving ,etc its inside attention .
This attention now starts to become less focused ,the reason in very simple terms is the will is the cause and its less focused push is spreading its effects inside attention.
max ainley
maxwell ainley

Post by maxwell ainley »

Its now we would get a peep into the mind behind sanchin via will ,you need this type of will to see it ?.But the will is on a learning curve it gets a peep but not the full picture .

The will is inside attention ,a change of position "all is in sanchin"
The observer has a will now ,he is a totally different man, not the egoistical sometimes placid type .
max ainley
maxwell ainley

Post by maxwell ainley »

"The observer as a will now" I have mentioned and worked the will through out these posts ,but that ref; for will was totally different to this will .
We hear phrases like " weak will or strong will,now this will falls into a different context alltogether, its not just strong etc.
To bring the senses into symmetrical development ,re-tests the will ,which is a enduring will now ,and not a struggling /holding will ,by struggling I mean; struggling to keep focused upon sanchin day in day out year in year out ,a struggling will turns to a holding will ,similar to the bulldog that holds on .
So in the methodology there is knowledge of different types of will.
max ainley
maxwell ainley

Post by maxwell ainley »

If any one say ,made the commitment to devote all his/her time to sanchin ,you would sooner or later encounter the struggling will ,you would start to struggle .
So to evolve with this methodology the will undergoes change ,the training touches the will stimulates it ,tests it .

I find its during this period that individuals give in ,plus the struggling will is not suitable for the concept or status level of the observer ,the holding type of will is better for the observer .
Each will is subject to time ,the struggling will ,really struggles with[ time ]on sanchin ,the time factor can be merciless ,the holding type will can hang in there .
For is task the observer needs a more evolved wiil a enduring will ,one that can see the pitfalls that time factor plays on the observers attention span .
max ainley
maxwell ainley

Post by maxwell ainley »

Back to the kanbun start to uechi-ryu , I bet you hate me for keep coming back to that point :) the student as not been given a boat load of theory ,that would sink the boat .

Theory is absent , in its place is non other than attention to what the master is teaching ,something was taught ,and something had to be apprehended ,this can make the will struggle rather quickly but the student is not let of the hook with explanation .
My point and purpose is to point out the role of the will from a simple start to more advanced roles "all is in sanchin".
Remember I have not as yet had to reach for help to other uechi-ryu material ,this can be very difficult to accept ,if in doubt on these posts just try it .
max ainley
maxwell ainley

Post by maxwell ainley »

We have will by doing just sanchin ,produced a will ,in the beginning there was not really any idea of this ,such as the implications it can lead to ,a observer that as much less baggage attached to what I thought was the real me at the start.
The will i refere to is not like the 10 min quick fix a buisness man puts into his meditation to releve stress etc,this type of will is more awake ,more alive .
Sanchin is moving meditation we are told ,never really cared for meditation myself ,but now I have changed ,the will also I might be ready for this moving meditation though ,so what was i prior to this ,doing with sanchin if it was not meditation?.
max ainley
maxwell ainley

Post by maxwell ainley »

As you will notice in the methodology ,a seemingly unrelated ,maybe misunderstood avenue of possibilites starts to connect with another concept that makes up sanchin ,I refere now to meditation .
When asked on this subject of meditation in sanchin ,that I must be doing meditation ,i just thought my study was more in line with concentration ,as we all know uechi-ryu was not riddled with words ,like these days .
Concentration requires will yet so does meditation ,concentration can be disturbed quite easily especially when we are in the[ struggling will ] state .
max ainley
maxwell ainley

Post by maxwell ainley »

The methodology is testing the will, on a daily basis creating various degrees of struggle across different ranges of experience for each individual ,the actual conditions for what is known as meditation will not glove to hand fit this struggling situation ,take the heat of the will training,too often and a comfort zone starts to kick in that takes the bite out of concentration too.
max ainley
maxwell ainley

Post by maxwell ainley »

As the picture develops the will is transformed [it understands] so its not a simple example of will power ,such as we encounter when someone attempts say giving up smoking ,or trying to get back in shape ,"I will have to get back into shape ". do you actually think the observer could fit hand to glove in those situations ,when he or she is struggling with the will .

The observer works better with the holding type will ,how long a duration it would take to move /transform to the enduring type of will depends as always upon the individual efforts and input ,and to keep in line with the methodology the route is provided by working on nothing but sanchin .
We are seeing a will undergo transformation,which is first hand experience of how sanchin and nothing but sanchin can be worked .
All is in sanchin"
max ainley
maxwell ainley

Post by maxwell ainley »

There is always a observer present ,yet at the level of holding the will the observer is totally different to someone in struggling states .
For this evolving spiral towards all-inclusive I need a different type of will ,so now when we speak or ref; the Will there are levels of will ,when individuals make claims there is no alli-nclusive in sanchin ,which one of these types of wills is doing the talking when they have not done this type of walking ,the path as been very narrow, only a few can stay on it at any one time .
max ainley
maxwell ainley

Post by maxwell ainley »

In ancient and more modern combat situations we encounter ref; to the will ,such as the observer noted felt his /her opponents will ,on the other hand it was concealed or very difficult to apprehend .
Basically we are either confronting a will or a ego ,or pride or injury to this ego .
We are our own image it can be prodded or quickly distracted into reading either wrong or right actions to take ,or we tend to be slower to exite or anger .

The observer needs to be slower to exite or bring to anger ,he will have anger and the degree of exite/anger can be related to the struggling will ,or the holding will or the enduring will levels .
this is all part of getting our own house in order ,this order is built upon sensing our own will level ,in this methodology its acheived via nothing but sanchin ,its not a mixture of other component mixes ,sanchin its self tests ,exposes will level .
max ainley
maxwell ainley

Post by maxwell ainley »

Sanchin tests the will level ,provided we keep up the input ,it will now be obvious with all this ref; to the will ,without it we don't get far in real will terms ,i could spend ten mins a day every third day or so ,on sanchin but this does not mean the will is being worked much?.

We can start to put more input into sanchin ,but we would encounter ,with this new effort either the struggling will or the holding type will .
We need to develop a feeling for this ,but don't kid ones self on because sanchin has been practiced a few more times today ,or last week you possess the enduring will in respect of sanchin practice .
max ainley
maxwell ainley

Post by maxwell ainley »

The acorn starts to grow with the struggling will ,use or too much involvement via our egos are similar to strong weeds that thwart wills involvement and steady growth ,the observer needs to develop awareness of this fact ,this is part of the struggling wills involvement .

Am I made up of more parts ego than will ,to get our house in order we need to know this ,the observer needs to find his /her way around the house ,a silly mistake is when we think we know and understand our unique house type .
Sanchin provides a foundation ,but normally there is far too much rush to get by this foundation and start building ,but a building on what ?we can find ourselves rushing around this foundation ,then taking up a side wall paying little or no attention to a door way ,its all lopsided this side wall sometimes can be out of sync with the geometrical pattern that is staring upwards from this foundation.
A more carefull observer would pay more attention to the geometric shape at grass roots level ,the observer must be alert.
max ainley
maxwell ainley

Post by maxwell ainley »

To be aware ,we hear this periodically ,but to be aware of what ? taking into account our limitations ,of which I have attempted to surface a few ,and by no means them all .
Basically we develop our own unique [focused patterns] now bear in mind , awareness will more or less reflect our focused mode we habitually live in .again this is not the full story ,but we have to start somewere ?.

Sanchin is a very symmetrical training ,but these habitual and learned individual pre-planned focusses interfere with the growth of symmetrical awareness that sanchin attempts to communicate .
Sanchin done trained for in the right manner develops one thing pointing to all things, yet we just don't live act out these principles ,we see a face in a crowd ,its striking we then miss the crowd ,untill we could be jolted back to the whole rather than the part ,again we arnt true to sanchin ,our habitual habits overide all or most work spent on sanchin ,in this case I ref; symmetrical awareness .
max ainley
maxwell ainley

Post by maxwell ainley »

We maybe can see ,just how difficult it is to change ,to symmetrical ,we could reason its a state of mind ,yet mind /body and spirit have to participate .

Basically lets Say I am beginning to get the gist of this in my training ,I know that forinstance my spirit cant be distracted to any other uechi-ryu material ,I can't be tempted to go from focus to focus ,i know I must get mastery over this obssession to focus .
I also realise I have a very simple set of motions to study .I also realise I can bring other uechi material back to sanchin and expand awareness on sanchin ,but I can't guarantee it will fall symmetrically on to sanchin .

So the observer needs a more simplifed field to view to develop the real start of a more simplified symmetrical pattern .
max ainley

Return to “Mind-Body-Spirit Forum”