If Everything is in sanchin.....

Contributors offers insight into the non-physical side of the Martial Arts, often ignored when discussing self-defense.
maxwell ainley

Post by maxwell ainley »

There are multi ways to work sanchin [a focus ] we can go from one focus to another as long has we live but will this produce all-inclusiveness?.

When I focus upon minimal ,am i heading towards all-inclusiveness ?
when i say sanchin produces symetrical development ,would i actually qualify that statement ,under narrow and deep conditions that are my abode?
Bearing in mind I am limited man,in other words is limited man capable of assimalating the concept of perfect symetrical development .

max.
max ainley
maxwell ainley

Post by maxwell ainley »

Its quite obvious I am having to change my position ,ref; all-inclusive .
And getting a much better grasp of symmetrical ,and the limitations that is me ,if from this position in narrow and deep, I now spot that my development was not quite the symmetrical ideal I envisaged ,again bearing in mind all my training time is spent on sanchin and nothing but ,I kidded myself on for too long thinking I am receiving [balance].

By narrowing down I reconnect with a clearer more concise symmetrical side that is sanchin ,i now see a broadening looming ,but this time my focus as changed for the better .
max ainley
Stryke

Post by Stryke »

Max isnt the depth of Sanchin because of the balance , the symetrical ?

my intuition on the pursuit is it teaching ranges of motion while always refining the balance/harmonies , to do so more effectively and across a more general range of motion is to me how the kata can be of narrower focus but broader in depth .

one lesson , taken to all things , it doesnt get easier but it should get simpler .

maybe this where Sanchin becomes a form of qi gong , internal , constant balance and therefore power .
maxwell ainley

Post by maxwell ainley »

Hi markus,

"max isnt the depth of sanchin because of the balance,the symetrical"?
Right Markus Quite true ,yet again both balance and symmetrical can be individual focuses ,sometimes of target ,my own was.
Just as patience is both a binding agent to allinclusiveness and a yeilding element ,symmetry is within the framework also .
Just as I mentioned "coming at all-inclusiveness from the bottom up" so at this point in the framework ,a clearer grasp of symmetry is a great starting point to apprehend all-inclusive .
All-inclusive is sanchins great depth ,symmetry is its form,for the moment .

max.

[/quote]
max ainley
maxwell ainley

Post by maxwell ainley »

When I view my body forinstance is it on target receiving a symetrical treatment ?
Also is my mental aspect developing in a symmetrical manner ,I CONSTANTLY inspect both ,when speaking in respect of mind is there elements of some sort of order shaping.?
I use the word shape because it fits into symmetrical,now the spirit could be out of balance with these assessments ,is my spirit shaping up ?
At this point real change can brought into reality.

This is another meaning why narrow and deep was there in the ryu's methodology ,to bring the practioner to this point quicker ,yet paradoxically we can't rush this ?
max ainley
maxwell ainley

Post by maxwell ainley »

Markus,

"One lesson taken to all things ,it doesnt get easier but it should get simpler."
Coming from nothing but sanchin ,the impact of its lesson is so dominant to other ryu material ,the lesson radiates upon so many ,at that point to impact ,that time spent with sanchin was worth it . we have meaning ?

Back to the narrow and deep methodology ,symmetrical development just can't be on target,in the early to middle stages ,because will was needed to stay with sanchin ,during this period it was a vital element ,now picture symmetry involved ,the will would be pushing for dominant position ,its during this period that the methodology is most testing ,and of course on a survival footing .
Very few will get through this stage ,so its always on a do or die tightrope, to stay on its tightrope patience is vital .patience enters this movement towards symmetry ,very gradually a balance between will on one hand and patience on the other,in this picture of the methodology I PLACED meaning into secondary position and patience into first place .

Back to MARKUS "one lesson taken to all things" the impact of the faster flow of meanings coming in through the patient door way ,serve to balance up the positional role that patience took .

Symmetrical development through the narrow and deep way .
max ainley
maxwell ainley

Post by maxwell ainley »

Initially I worked very hard in the physical aspect of sanchin ,quite simply that was my dominant trait on narrow ,there was spirit ,mental also ,a very simple picture indeed ,very very satisfactory to my way of thinking ,and one to get bogged down with .
Endless repetition ,endless search to find ways to minimise energy ,this obviously incorperates ones breathing involved in the stress of the push ,the stamina to carry out ,the will involved which reflects in increased understanding bit by bit on narrow and its need for deep .

But the understanding changes and the picture too ,thats in my minds eye on narrow ,with the view to go deep .

"sanchin alone warrants ten years of study "

Kanbun sensei .
max ainley
maxwell ainley

Post by maxwell ainley »

Limited aspects of man .

Such as I focus upon mostly things that interest me ,missing completelythe bigger picture .
Symmetrical development needs to take into account this need to see the bigger picture ,such as the statement " I am all ears" but nine out of ten times the ears arn't really trained for symmetrical development .

Back to the very beginning of narrow training,we have silence plus one motion? the dominant aspect would be the motion ,the activity .Yet the hearing element is involved .
Is it over looked , well i think yes and a maybe no in other cases .
So how can this hearing be brought out of lopsided focus training and given symmetrical attention ,some would rather have a new bunkai ? .
So again what was this very very narrow training attempting to convey ?
max ainley
maxwell ainley

Post by maxwell ainley »

As you will gather I am gradually moving away from focusses ,Such as I am focussing on this or that ,No I am opening myself to sanchin .
Lots of me had to be laid down to reach this new point .

In narrow and deep there was a heavy focus on will ,on minimal ,now the mind as changed its focussed stance ,and getting rid of a greedy eye en-route in spiral towards minimal ,symmetrical is seeping in to matters more and more ,heading towards becoming as one with sanchin.
max ainley
maxwell ainley

Post by maxwell ainley »

Because we do sanchin ,it can follow that there is the idea we are getting symmetrical development .?
Focus can and will move us towards this development ,I am attempting to do this from the narrow viewpoint ,incorperating some notes upon the role of minimal in this type of evolving methodology ,and remember at the moment we have had no recourse to use anything other than sanchin .
Sanchin is doing it all ,not seisan etc,etc,so rather than turn to seisan for help ,minimal changed the view of the eye .
A recognition of this is to turn the will to a new task ,a very difficult task ,i say task because there must still be elements present to want to focus on something .
If someone was going to venture into nothing but sanchin study ,we need focus ,but the methodology or within this method ,limited man was accounted for by way of not possessing the[ focus] in other words the methodology is bigger than limited man ,he can't see into it without long dedicated training ,its too large for him to comprehend .
We are now at the gates of symmetrical development ,when others say sanchin is not all-inclusive ,they truly speak from a very ,very tiny part of themselves .
max ainley
maxwell ainley

Post by maxwell ainley »

Symmetrical development sounds simple ,but carring it out is anything but ?.
Basically we stop this happening ,with the attitude I am doing sanchin ,so it will take care of its self ,we could not be further from the truth ,thinking in line with that .

Take western postures at home for example ,slouched on the sofa ,and the total disconnect with sanchin ,away from the dojo too ?
To attempt symmetrical study development ,we would have to very seriously prepare,lots of preperation involved ,I have attempted to show this preperation via narrow and deep ,and this is all sanchin training .
Sanchin training this way is difficult ,but its all about preperation ,nobody can even contemplate symmetrical development without long preperation ,this must be understood .
max ainley
maxwell ainley

Post by maxwell ainley »

Basically the pattern and framework we live in ,creates our limitedness ,every one as a pattern regardless of sanchin ,and within it are inumerable focusses some large that are us ,running within this are smaller ones we could call them fads .All these focusses are our present state and knowledge ,the fads if we have any, help to keep us amused inbetween .
inside narrow and deep ,lots of these fads have been chucked out of [the pattern ,that is me ] so the pattern as changed ,minimal training as created this situation ,so when something is erased ,it can be replaced .

Lets say I remove lots of surplus talk , in both training and life in general ,what can fill the gaps ?.
max ainley
maxwell ainley

Post by maxwell ainley »

There is another way of looking at this situation of focus ,and its out come in relation to symmetrical development ,each focus may not receive the exact same treatment and reception as another ,apprehending this type of situation is part of preperation ,in other words you will find that you are not a flat playing field upon which each blade of grass as a chance at some semblance of even growth .
max ainley
maxwell ainley

Post by maxwell ainley »

just examing the mind for a few mins and find the dominant focus at the present on sanchin as it been built off strong roots or is it premature ?.you know full well you are trying to get ahead of the game and not paying one iota to a even flat playing field of the mind .
Getting sanchin back into primary position is order of the first rank ,then sanchin can be delt with .
max ainley
maxwell ainley

Post by maxwell ainley »

We have identified focus to be of great value in relationship to narrow and deep ?.
Lets say upper most in my mind is the idea to make sanchin a fighting kata ?.and if I want ,wish this idea to become reality ,I will have my work cut out to acheive this ,and if I want results in a short time span ,this would qualify as a big focus ,and to bring this up to fighting standard lots of smaller focusses would rotate around the larger focus ,that make up the fighting man .
Yet sanchin practice is not limited to one focussed idea ,a fighting kata .
And this focus itself can have many sides or less sides ,that reflect the practioner ,such as the spiritual struggling with the ego ,or the ego totally dominating the mind or the physical .
So we need humility very badly indeed .
Humility would be small focus ,or non-exsitant .
max ainley

Return to “Mind-Body-Spirit Forum”