The Visible and Invisible

Contributors offers insight into the non-physical side of the Martial Arts, often ignored when discussing self-defense.
maxwell ainley

Post by maxwell ainley »

If I required a un biased account of a conflict I would need someone who was very honest ,and quite capable of presenting both or numerous sides to the story ,the observer needs this element too,of which can lead to a more higher state were there is increased clarity .

Increased clarity ,a big detriment to attainment of this state is; we favor ,which colors our moods .The observer can't aford to get entangled within a crossfire of moods his own plus others ,which could be a ingrained pattern .

In 1969 some one asked what my goal was ? I stated self mastery and upon further reflection I had little or no idea how it could be attained ,over the years my view as undergone change on what constitutes self mastery .
max ainley
maxwell ainley

Post by maxwell ainley »

A considerable amount of the things mentioned so far interfere with self mastery ,for instance our pattern will have degrees of qualites that point towards self mastery ,and an abundance of elements that are going in a different direction away from self mastery.
We have conflict ,because these different directional elements within us [our self ,our pattern] don't want self mastery ,they resist in mirad ways ,making studies of this falls under " Know thy self".

I have reached a point were now, I see a bit more of myself ,and its only a bit ,I now realise the concept of a observer is absolutley vital to my study.
max ainley
maxwell ainley

Post by maxwell ainley »

The concept of "Know thy self " is a difficult one ,but it can be made more visible ,or brought more into the open freeing it from its mostly invisible state .
To do this observation is paramount ,but as already mentioned not your ordinary type of observation thats totally infected by ones pattern ,the other type of observation I promote in this thread starts to break free from the pattern ,by the simple yet incredibly difficult act of just observing .
max ainley
maxwell ainley

Post by maxwell ainley »

The observer is a bit more visible now, this brings a few things into ones presence ,how its understood is another matter .
First of all there is a certain element of freedom present ,all due to the observers diligent efforts to simply observe ,yet running alongside is a feeling of becoming more detached ,which seemed a bit alien to me ,my pattern is riddled with the warmth of emotion ,yet the observer go's to great pains not to interfere into this emotion . He just watches it come and go rise and subside ,switch from positive to negative ,the observer must have the data upon these emotional patterns .
max ainley
maxwell ainley

Post by maxwell ainley »

A sumary; To experience more of what we do , I need to attempt to understand my own pattern ,and define how I normally experience things.
Taking fully into account effects on my pattern via disciplines etc,using memory i evaluate my pattern prior to any discipline engaged in ,shiftin through changes effected .
To experience more .

My point is that there is a observer in us all ,but normally it as quite varied and different agendas ,the observer I speak of as but one focus ",To know thyself " my next point is most people have too many agendas too many focusses getting in the way of this idea ,of which they ,nine out of ten times truly believe they already know .
My next point is; if someone makes a serious attempt to "Know thy self " these agendas these focusses will swamp the central idea within any day week month or year ,unless a more diligent observer is brought to bear upon the central idea of "Know thy self " only partial understandings will brought into reality .
max ainley
maxwell ainley

Post by maxwell ainley »

I have mentioned in other threads how our training is one thing and it may not spillover into our daily life much ,well I realised a long time ago if self mastery was a possibility ,my life and the training would have to blend .
So regardless of methodology something as to spill over so to speak ,out of this spillover the very best thing i needed was the observer to kick start the whole concept of self mastery .

We have a focus plus a observer ,a correct line of travel is for both the observer and the focus to realise the need to work together ,a focus is of little use without a observer ,and observer is also of little use without a focus ,they travel hand in hand .
If the observer and the focus don't work together it could end up in a intellectul pursuit or a emotional pursuit which would lead to a lopsided understanding ,
A strong focus will create an effect upon both the intellect and the emotions , this effect or better still effects point towards a mastery of both the emotions and the intellect .
max ainley
maxwell ainley

Post by maxwell ainley »

Basically we are emotional ,these emotions mix and color mostly all we do ,the observer can see apprehend this more clearly instead of being carried away via its patterning .

The observer can more easily spot the rise of each type of emotion and the decline ,but not the death ,because it will surely return either sooner or later .
Lots of different methodologies ,or advice attempt to change these patterns to a ideal , the observer is different ,no attempt is made to change ,only to observe yet paradoxically understanding grows in the observer that the colors present in those emotions would thwart the too early implementation of real change .

So we would need to know what constitues real change? ,and on the route to change the observer will aquire two important elements out of the struggle to observe one is understanding and the other is purification ,the observer as understanding and some purification ,these two elements are indispensible .
max ainley
maxwell ainley

Post by maxwell ainley »

No matter how technologically advanced we become we tend to handle matters in very similar frameworks [emotional /behavior ] wise ,we soon take the technology for granted ,taking things for granted is within all patterns ,the observer can't take the pattern for granted .
max ainley
maxwell ainley

Post by maxwell ainley »

A reason I slipped back to the "taking things for granted " is to continue to re-inforce awareness of its ushering back in to situations ,of all we do .

From a observation point of view its critical to be on guard of its overpowering the observer also ,were the observer is lost or becomes unaware of its presence.
max ainley
maxwell ainley

Post by maxwell ainley »

There isn't a great deal of mastery in the pattern thats been observed .
At the moment any semblance of real mastery is going to the observer ,one specific reason is because of the [elements ]of understanding and purification .

A reason i mention purification is because real mastery can be tallied to it ,gauged in a certain sense of the word ,also to have that something larger or space, already mentioned a purifiction element would be within the expansion ,its much better to expand some thing thats in line with purification ,the observer is touching upon purification .were as ones pattern more than likely would find various good reasons to reject ,yet the observer just can't take purification for granted .
max ainley
maxwell ainley

Post by maxwell ainley »

There is always from time to time a observer in all of us ,yet those types of observer arn't aways based upon purity of vision ,a difficult aim in anyone's book ,the reality we tend to view is clouded via our lack of purity of vision ,we think that we see reality ,when we do not .

The observer heading towards self mastery had to start somewere , a clearing of vision was totally vital in this manouver ,don't get me wrong at this point , a clearing of vision does not imply the vision is clear and pure ,great discipline is needed to get this manouver in to motion ,my posts are based at the moment around this manouver .
max ainley
fivedragons

Post by fivedragons »

Thanks, Max. You speak a truth that is almost too real. :idea:
maxwell ainley

Post by maxwell ainley »

Well thanks very much ,Fivedragons, very happy you see the sense and truth of posts .
Its very difficult to do justice to the observers getting into motion ,elevating slightly above ones unique pattern too, the observers greatest struggle as my posts suggest up to these points in study .
To study one's self is a struggle ,that spends energy ,the observer needs energy the pattern needs it too ,it now makes sense to prune wastefull uses of energy from ones pattern ,energy is linked to time ,and its quite obvious were most of our time and energy is being spent ,a fruitfull endevour of change could be introduced at this visible point ,the observer as to work hard to attain the bringing of this important change en route to encompass real change .
max ainley
maxwell ainley

Post by maxwell ainley »

I have by now established the fact ,of just how difficult it is to observe our unique pattern,in other topics I mention such as ; "all is in sanchin " the development of the will becomes a vital requirement regardless of different methodologies.
I recently had a discussion on how our favorite interests both help us [awareness wise] and also greatly hinder our awarness development ,a reason I mention this is; our pattern is driven down these routes mostly with blinkers on.en-route to a interest that could be very well established ,or one under construction ,or one that is slowly shutting down ,or a conflict of interests is at work.
max ainley
maxwell ainley

Post by maxwell ainley »

Sanchin for instance ,along with numerous other developers foster awareness ,and this developed awareness can be taken with us enroute to chores,or various interests that happen to be a minor or major part of our unique pattern .
But to keep the observer on the ball ,heading directly to say this other interest ,which could fall into energy catogaries associated to the interest levels of which I mention the most obvious ones ,and they too can be taken for granted which is a energy that requires study also.
Basically we are aware of the benefits tagged to a interest ,but not always the dangers that have impact upon awareness once engaged or coming enroute to engage this or that interest .

Because we are too small to engage all-inclusiveness which is really the remedy to dangers that plauge any interest we happen to engage with . The observer must get to grips with the whole scope of subject matter that plauges awareness springing from interest.
max ainley

Return to “Mind-Body-Spirit Forum”