The Visible and Invisible

Contributors offers insight into the non-physical side of the Martial Arts, often ignored when discussing self-defense.
maxwell ainley

Post by maxwell ainley »

Markus, A very interesting quote thanks .just returned from majorca ,so I have not had chance to post anything .
Krishnamuti speaks of space ,or a expansion ,in my wording this would be the larger part of us ,as totally distinct from the smaller part of our individual makeups .

So I wish to draw attention to the fact of this space ,or larger part is more or less invisible ,when we operate from smaller parts of our makeup .
So looking at ourselves in conjunction to sanchin we must become aware if our pattern is locked down in habitual small parts of our selves .

nobody really would like to be told he operates from small parts of ones self ,and also there is the possibility of acsess to increased space ,or this larger part ?
this larger part is totally invisible to the smaller part .
max ainley
Stryke

Post by Stryke »

Interesting Max , and understood , I`m starting to refer to this as being stuck in ones own head .
maxwell ainley

Post by maxwell ainley »

Thanks Markus .
So a constant effort ,is to observe ,and my main observation is ; we would come under swift bombardment from distraction ,and the rate and flow of these distractions would now indicte whether or not we live operate from small parts of ourselves .
This series of observations acid test for larger or smaller parts ,i don't seem to detect the larger ,this is were a slightly larger focus comes into its own. a ploy of smaller parts is to down scale ,the original methodology of this schools help was larger focus ,note i say help this help appeared in a symbolic shape a focus ,more or less a wordless focus .

To come towards the space krisnamurti speaks of , a wordless focus introduced into the habitual framework we call I was how this school approached this problem .
max ainley
maxwell ainley

Post by maxwell ainley »

A wordless focus ,or very limited in use of words ,its implications mostly lay invisible ,I crave answers to the focus this keeps to some extent taking things for granted at bay .Taking things for granted is part of all make ups or individual patterns .

The observer notes the slipping in and out of this dangerous state when present ,the observer sees this state as a common problem affecting a expansion to the large part of ourselves .
Taken things for granted is a hallmark of the smaller parts of ourselves ,I take it for granted after a certain length of time ,also my attitude to time I take for granted ,I start to realise my pattern on taking things for granted is of a circular nature ,no matter what I do there comes a point were I circle some how back to taking things for granted ,this circle was more or less invisible ,now its becoming abit more visible .
max ainley
maxwell ainley

Post by maxwell ainley »

I don't take this large focus for granted ,this is a new experience ? the large focus as infiltrated my moribund pattern ,and its effects are being watched by the observer who as will ,a will to observe .
max ainley
maxwell ainley

Post by maxwell ainley »

I think its becoming clearer in these posts that multi aspects ,some already mentioned interfere with moment to moment experience .
Also there can be a tendancy to give very little thought to our moment to moment experience ,this is were a observer becomes vital to collect data , so what I have mentioned is pretty basic on this subject .

The idea of a observer as been practiced from ancient times ,again the idea is to make the observer more visible within us ,because under most circumstances there is no observer ,just somebody going from one aim to another endlessly ,or having little or no aim ,or becoming a slave to ones own unique pattern .
One feature of the observer is ;to simply observe ,most cant do this ,they always seem to interfere ,a reason why is its part of their pattern ,its deeply ingrained .
We could now say this becomes a major problem for the observer once there is input into this observing for our unique data of our unique pattern .
max ainley
maxwell ainley

Post by maxwell ainley »

Without a observer we can tell ourselves lies endlessly ,lies arn't who we really are, or can become ,again lies are part and parcel or simply allies involved in distraction .

To start the observer off or get into action ,demands some honesty ,I also stated in another thread the observer needs a will ,remember this is not your casual observer ,a casual observer can never observe long enough to acssess the data in our unique pattern ,the casual observer does not really wish to change the pattern that much ,and there is the illusion to think one already knows his/her pattern .
max ainley
maxwell ainley

Post by maxwell ainley »

The observer does not interfere , but once he/she does,very important data is missed first of all about ones self or pattern .
Once I interfere ,i also lose contact with the moment ,quite simply the small part of me ,takes me back to my old pattern ,the abode I live in ,I realise the small part that is me cant live in the moment ,so I revert back to what I know best .
I also realise that the moment can be expanded upon ,in other words made more visible ,I also know very few people can live in the moment ,their abode is a fleeting one ,so the moment to moment living is non existant ,in other words its more or less invisible ,the small part that is us can't stay with the moment .
A major help her is the observer ,who needs to learn not to be carried away into distractions ,interferance is a distraction from the aim of the observer .

So interferance needs to be brought into a more visible state in our pattern that is our makeup,only the observer can do this .
max ainley
maxwell ainley

Post by maxwell ainley »

As soon as I am distracted the observer vanishes ,either momentary or for longer durations ,my aim is to observe ,but I have lost this aim ,so a task is to bring this aim more into a visible state .
My aim is not to criticise ,but I can't help it ,my aim is to observe rather than to resort to criticising ,but I am plauged by this habit ,it creeps in or suddenly takes over .

I view this as distraction,part of distractions ,in relation to my aim my focus I am similar to a bucking bronco senario ,constantly being thrown from my focus .
max ainley
maxwell ainley

Post by maxwell ainley »

As mentioned I don't take the focus or aim for granted ,but non the less I fall prey to circular type distractions that come around sooner or later to spoil my aim .
So again this is were a larger focus becomes indespensible ,actually the focus is larger than the small part that is me ,I mentioned the mind can or is in a rudderless state ,the larger focus becomes meaning full from that viewpoint .

Meaning grows on focus ,and aim in relationship to the observer ,the observer is becoming increasingly more aware of his pattern and how it circulates ,a bit like being within a revolving door ,its the small part that is me that keeps me tied within this situation ,a larger focus exposes this situtation firstly ,then appliction can be brought to bear upon this situation .

Its serious mistake to try to change ones pattern ,without extensive undertakings into simply observing whats there .
max ainley
maxwell ainley

Post by maxwell ainley »

There is much more to a focus or aim ,than one may think ?such as there is a wrong focus ,and a wrong aim ,what makes them wrong needs to be re-aligned ,again the observer comes in handy in bringing order to the whole stuation .
A wrong focus will be heavily influenced by our old exisiting pattern ,this is a major reason why we tend to struggle with the larger focus ,our ryu took this into account ,and my objective is not to argue about various types of focus ,but to make focus or aim more visible .
max ainley
maxwell ainley

Post by maxwell ainley »

The observer will be gathering data about ones self ,ones old pattern and the newer focus ,how they effect one and another.
I mentioned in another thread on sanchin ,how instead of gathering the data ,we start to tailor ,this is our old pattern stepping in , so things suit me .the out come is we never know what the larger purpose of the original focus was about .
In its self nothing is lost so long as we re-observe ,instead of being carried away into our old pattern ,which dictates or calls the shots .
So we need to know and understand the differance between the two ,the observer as been lost ,and the old pattern carries on .
max ainley
maxwell ainley

Post by maxwell ainley »

We tend to operate out of our old pattern ,once the observer is lost ,also there is a series of observers within the old pattern ,and each one as been paid off either in full ,or partially to overlook or bury ones head in the sand ,when some closer scruitiny is called for in our makeup.

This brings us right back to the fact ;we are not as one ,again a ancient concept shared by people in the know ,yet we if questioned on this concept we insist that we are as one in lots of cases .
So a characteristic of the observer is; he as not been paid off ,or bought .He as to obtain a individual assessment ,which i keep insisting upon is very difficult to obtain .

The larger the observer grows ,or expands the more awareness of ones pattern ,and related focus ,the observer and the focus must blend with continual practice .
max ainley
maxwell ainley

Post by maxwell ainley »

Its going to take lots of time to assess ones unique pattern , its a bit like sanchin ,at first glance it appears simple but in reality its anything but .
To truly observe requires a increasingly developed clearer vision ,so a good way to do this is by whats been explained here ,learn to observe ourselves our pattern ,but we can't do this if we are full of opinions and there is no developing observer present to assess things ,also the observer can't develop if I am easily upset by what others may think of me ,and again the observer becomes lost in this reacurring upset .
So we will learn more when this observer can be present in more and more of our pattern activitys ,because normally we are swept away by them .
A simple exercise would be to try to take the observer for short periods into lifes pattern to evaluate just how quickly ones observer is lost.
max ainley
maxwell ainley

Post by maxwell ainley »

Its all about awarness ,and a first requirement is ;Know thy self .
This is a good reason why we need a observer to aquire this first requirement ,and I have been going to lengths to relate that this observer is not any old observer we care to use and then say we understand the concept "Know thy self ".
To be able to retain the observer in long flows is a grueling endevor and once any one had really truly made special efforts to Know thy self, they would realise its more complex than one would expect .
Know thy self falls into the taken for granted catogary ,the warrior can't afford to take for granted .
max ainley

Return to “Mind-Body-Spirit Forum”