The Visible and Invisible

Contributors offers insight into the non-physical side of the Martial Arts, often ignored when discussing self-defense.
maxwell ainley

Post by maxwell ainley »

A way out of the situation .

1.A trained observer.

2. not a patterned one .

3, At all times attempt to introduce the trained observer into lifes events .
max ainley
maxwell ainley

Post by maxwell ainley »

The trained observer ,is someone who can impartially view his own pattern ,look into those corners that he at times imagines are reality .
A lots been said about the imagination over the years,some things are usefull ,others not so healthy at all .Yet the trained observer as learned to in some measure what can be termed healthy and again in some measure what is not .
The patterned observer,will more often fall prey to his imagination , by this I mean it will overwhelm most attempts at prolonged awareness ,depending just how strong and embedded into ones pattern it is .
max ainley
maxwell ainley

Post by maxwell ainley »

Change.

Ther is some ,and its in the exact right place .one observer ,is being replaced by another ,the patterned observer as to die to ones self ,in effect to see the self ,or the patterned self .
Remember this is difficult training ,that can be eventually carried out in most senarios that are life ,it is very true that the patterned observer as qualities, as aquired qualities ,but the massive stumbling block is; he slips into various levels of sleep.the other trained observer can lead us away from this sleep.
max ainley
maxwell ainley

Post by maxwell ainley »

All along or up till now , there was no attempt to change [our pattern ] but what is changing is our perceptons of our self .
Actually we would be looking or using our perceptions in a more truthfull manner,and very significantly we see more of the truth about ourselves ,when aware more is seen of this truth ,this is why its important to expand awareness ,but an awareness that is linked with truth .
max ainley
maxwell ainley

Post by maxwell ainley »

A central idea of this series of posts ;is to increase awareness ,its as simple has that ,but simplicity is not very easily achieved at all .
Complications, of our pattern block simplicity,this is why I highlighted the involvement of the "Patterned Observer"who again I pointed out lives and breathes in a series of mini periods of unawake.
My next point is this ;the situation repeats itself endlessly ,and very strangely we appear to be reasonably happy ,even when the situation is pointed out ,but to someone struggling with aquiring awareness ,the situation is a very grave one indeed .

Becoming aware is a very serious endevour ,that the patterned observer pulls the shades down upon time and again .
Our trained observer on the other hand is deadly serious on awareness ,which as involved a very lengthy observation of ones pattern ,ones own self ,and as verified that ones self lives in mini series of awake /unawake .
max ainley
maxwell ainley

Post by maxwell ainley »

I have not had time to post things of late ,quite simply I have been making radical new changes in the bungalow since Kay passed away ,among other things .

Changing ourselves is much more difficult than one would think ,thats why I have not rushed into matters .
I felt there was lots of study upon ones self [The basics] and I also thought having a good look at oneself was not in conflict with humanity as a whole,the times someone said to another" You want to have a good look at yourself" and this is why or a specific reason its so difficult to change ,a theme I elaberated upon was; we already think we know our selves ,this very simple statement indicates why real change eludes us " We know" already .

I also thought awareness is a pure gelling factor worthy of attention and ongoing interest ,the developing observer is getting more and more of this gelling factor ,with humanity on the whole shaping up within ones self, basically one thing leads to another .
max ainley
maxwell ainley

Post by maxwell ainley »

The basics.

It is difficult to change ,because our patterns are so deep rooted ,personally I observe ,just observe ,that simple .

Thats a basic essential .

But I slip back into anyone of my old deep rooted patterns .

This is natural and a part of growing awareness ,its a real part of basics ,quite simple it offers insight into our patterns that we could take for granted otherwise .

We have a conflict.

This is a absolute essential of basics ,what I say can be traced back to SANCHIN yes sanchin .

Getting back to the observer is a essential basic .

There will be conflict by putting this basic into practice ,but by inputting some experiential knowledge ,one can get past this conflict to a certain point by a realization that we need to open up our pattern in one sense ,by breaking its tyranical rule .
max ainley
maxwell ainley

Post by maxwell ainley »

Conflict is a big part of basics .

The times I have rejected something, [my old pattern's at work] then ex amount of time later ,but slowly bit by bit accept that rejected something .

A major point on this is its our old pattern slowing things up ,so up to a point this is ok ,the old pattern acts as a filter .now gradually we spot the truth of the rejected something ,the old pattern as loosened up ,and we feel a whole lot better ,in other words we have moved on a bit .

To keep in observer mode ,is also a type of therapy in contrast to these patterns we carry around in fixed mode .

So its a basic to break them up here and there ,sort of examin them ,a major key in the understanding of; " NO THY SELF"

Of which which our old patterns deep down insist they already know .
max ainley

Return to “Mind-Body-Spirit Forum”