Enlightenment

Contributors offers insight into the non-physical side of the Martial Arts, often ignored when discussing self-defense.
maxwell ainley

Post by maxwell ainley »

If we ponder for a while the title of the other thread "The visible and invisible " we may see an imediate link ,as in one is visible [visual] yet the magnetism is invisible .And in a satori approach we have to make the invisible visible ,this visible and invisible theme run's through existance ,yet it largly goes unnoticed ,the key is; to learn to notice .
max ainley
maxwell ainley

Post by maxwell ainley »

Sanchin or three battles ] the conflict aspect of sanchin is also critical to direct ,its there yet its not always visible ,and just as we can switch of on the circuit board all lights inside and on the exterior of our home we can simply switch of conflicts in Sanchin too .
Primary the conflicts of Sanchin are ; to bring light into our own interiors ,we can remain in perpetual darkness to this concept .
max ainley
maxwell ainley

Post by maxwell ainley »

Conflict.

Going direct entails considerable conflict enroute ,a major conflict is provided by attempting to focus on sanchin at the expence of,and for the time being at least putting to oneside any other form of training ,in most this could create massive conflict ,and for the purpose of going direct this would be most exellent ,and for igniting a major conflict in relationship to both the practioner and sanchin .

This would be a major hurdel to overcome , seeing as we are also in the information age ,and the overdosing it can bring to one .
We are doing something quite different by screening out ,and improving attention to sanchin instead ,there will be pain but we arnt taking the line of least resistance here at all ,its do or die .
There can't be any soft options now we are on course ,mind body and spirit are in deep ,thoughts and feelings to give in ,do something easier will come .
max ainley
maxwell ainley

Post by maxwell ainley »

We have come full circle back to ; do it .

Now if you get the Satori experience from this route ,you would have had little understanding of the in's and out's enroute ,I can only relate the route from actually doing it ,and giving much reflection during the maturing period .
At this point I don't want to get into the "Maturing Period " that follows a satori experience ,but I will cover this process as we go along .

Explaining the route is difficult yet the "Maturing Period " is the major contributer to explanation .

Attention break's up at this intensity of enquiry ,and without the Will there would be no satori to experience ,the Will holds attention on Sanchin, because magnetic attraction also just like attention can disengage ,and because the prize [satori] is buried deep the Will is vital to its coming to surface within mind body and spirit .
max ainley
maxwell ainley

Post by maxwell ainley »

So there is a state that is one grasp away from [satori] and thats were we are at .

We are close.

Depth of this state is critical ,and anything thats slightly down tone curbs a intensive satori from taking on the depth that would illuminate .

I found that with nothing but Sanchin practice its easier to apprehend this special [focus] this in its self is another purpose of sanchin ,to work sanchin requires doing it for meaning ,and the meaning could be lofty or shallow ,yet the focus is super .yes a super focus ,super effort ,anything less will produce a damp squib in explosiveness .

A explosion accurs between the super focused state and the to be [Satori] you now have satori .

when I can post I want to go into satori ,and its maturing and its no mind aspect .
max ainley
maxwell ainley

Post by maxwell ainley »

Satori.

" Without the attainment of satori no one can enter into the mystery of Zen ."
max ainley
maxwell ainley

Post by maxwell ainley »

A reason I used the quote in the last post is quite simple really, because its vital to no mind ,and because Satori is non other than no mind ,we need to tred very carefully when claiming either no mind and Satori ,I will attempt to clarify these two terms ,quite simple they are as one ,and not two .
max ainley
maxwell ainley

Post by maxwell ainley »

If we follow this thread to this point , it will be now very obvious that [Satori/no mind ] are not common experiences ,they are very rare indeed .

So the experience called satori is actually a first experience of no mind ,the deeper the experience is the greater the shock will be at the instant No mind appears .
max ainley
maxwell ainley

Post by maxwell ainley »

When I mention satori it means no mind too.

So when this satori appears ,there is a shock ,and a sudden knowing following this shock, and if its a deeper type a ecstacy of a more or less undescribable description ,I know when I first attempted to relate to another person ,it was not comprehended at all ,and I quickly realized my error .
max ainley
maxwell ainley

Post by maxwell ainley »

As mention there is no set pattern to leading up to a satori ,other than in most cases ,somewere in the training format there had been a super focus of attention.
This focus of attention was a norm to learning sanchin in days gone by ,now prior to a satori this attention of variable qualities had been brought to a sharp point ,in other words it had narrowed ,again its this narrowing that's a critical component ,so with satori the sharp focus break's out into a more circumspect attentiveness that is totally natural to the no mind level reached .

The other major ingrediant to no mind ,is the absence of a I ,a perminant I that leads all our doing's ,with satori we enter to use the negative expression ; not doing as opposed to I am doing something ,now this no mind expression is not to be confused with the idea ;when a movement is practiced to a certain level no mind comes with it , this is very far from the truth .
max ainley
maxwell ainley

Post by maxwell ainley »

No mind is awesome ,wholesome .

The will has been brought to a level to apprehend no mind which is satori ,yet this will is not mature enough ,or trained enough to make no mind a perminant state ,this is really why the satori experience needs depth .There is a reason for this ,it can be not really carried forewards into life ,yet remembered as a wonderous type of experience of yester year .

So a characteristic of a deeper satori /no mind is a complete upheavel of our old life ,the life prior to satori ,something shallow can be quickly swamped by the old ,and the old can play tricks on what was experienced,and take preferance .
max ainley
maxwell ainley

Post by maxwell ainley »

"The great Way knows no difficulties other than it refuses to make preferance "

the old will quickly swamp and exert its preferance , it doe's not wish to die ,and this new experience of knowledge take its place ,this is were a maturing period is absolutely vital ,to old life receiving the full impact of this new state that is no mind .
max ainley
maxwell ainley

Post by maxwell ainley »

It as been established that satori to be a authentic experience ,would create a upheavel in ones life ,so from that moment onwards life is poured back to the satori ,its a bit like all of uechi -ryu is brought back to Sanchin ,poured back into it, or in contrast pour Sanchin back into uechi-ryu ,because most of my training was all Sanchin for four years solid ,and learning a new aspect sanchin was poured into the on going new matierial .

If satori has depth you would pour into life ,if shallow life could swamp it ,if not well handled carefully by someone with this type of experience .
A thought ,if you had satori ,was at this moment within it your attention would not break up on Sanchin as it would prior to satori ,the reason being is you would not go into attention for Sanchin then exit at a threashold for attention was reached ,the reason is; with no mind you enter with no mind and exit with no mind .

You are either training for no mind or you possess it day in day out ,this is were a maturing period is now of vital importance .
max ainley
maxwell ainley

Post by maxwell ainley »

The maturing period .

There will not be one if satori lacks depth ,depth contains answers to questions in one sense that satisfy the practioner ,this satisfaction also contributes to our own inner guide to a greater extent .
For the first time one now as a inner guide ,and its not, simply a type of gut feeling,for instance prior to satori i had a very strong gut feeling about sanchin being a valid and original way to enlightenment ,and satori is really a forrunner ,a point of departure from selfish dualistic ways ,satori shows up in highlight form that we were not unifed at all ,we were fragmented .
max ainley
maxwell ainley

Post by maxwell ainley »

With the experience ,you would have a inner guide ,a completely new one ,and this becomes more so with maturing and the passage of time .
One feature not mentioned so far is ;the elements that are satori are within a timeless state of things ,and this fits in with the no mind ,you cant have one without the other .

No mind is linked to the infinite ,and timelessness ,you arn't training for no mind now ,you are it ,living it from moment to moment ,you don't have finite mind now that is easily disrupted in a waiting situation ,you arn't cursing and swearing ,you have true inner calm , win or lose don't disrupt this inner guide ,but winning and losing are everywere ,a snakes and ladders affair that men grasp after not knowing another way is close by but so difficult to see .
max ainley

Return to “Mind-Body-Spirit Forum”