Seeing Energy durring practice

Contributors offers insight into the non-physical side of the Martial Arts, often ignored when discussing self-defense.
KerryM

Seeing Energy durring practice

Post by KerryM »

YIKES! Who can see energy? THAT'S a loaded one isn't it-

But- I "do" see colors when I practice on occassion- espescialy within repetitive movements say durring the excersize part of class right-

And I'm curious- does anyone else?

To better describe what I'm talking about- right- because I realize that it can sound really strange right-

When we get going sometimes- durring class- and I find myself really focused in "on nothing" but my practice- my fingers and arms will trail a color doesn't really matter what color but it does change and it's through a periphial vision usualy type thing- but it's quite real for me-

there's this "thing" called the aura- it's around our bodies much like the atmosphere of the earth is around the earth right-
my suspiscion is that being focused in on what I'm doing is creating a state of mind to where I can see bits of my aura or something to such effect-but I wouldn't call myself an expert in the matter so I was curious as to what others had experienced-

HAve the senior Sensei's ever had any of their students talk about this or anything like that before?

It's not having tired eyes- or medication or anything else like that- :) though I do where glasses- LOL- and it isn't the lights or cars or anything like that- :)

Has anyone else ever experienced something like this and if so- wanna discuss it? :)

;)

Kerry

(p.s. this is the sort of topic to which I was referring inside verbal defense thread about why people don't post here's a doozy for ya LOL or maybe it isn't who knows- but if there are people out there who experience this as well you aren't crazy or alone :) )
2Green

Post by 2Green »

I don't see any reason why you couldn't see colours while practicing, or any other time for that matter. I see colour while dreaming with my eyes closed in a pitch black room.

You have to understand that colours are not "out there", they are a creation of the brain in response to various stimuli including wavelength reception, memory, pressure on the eye, blows to the cranium, dreaming, any number of inputs.
Heightened states of awareness create many changes in perception, including visual effects which are not normally processed in such detail, due to basic survival mode.
Practicing Sanchin could be called a heightened state of awareness.

Have you ever been talking to someone in a lamp-lit room, focusing on their face, when suddenly a halo appears around them?
This a field/ground effect caused by "persistence of vision", sort of a "burning-in" of the retina/optic nerve.
Right now, close your eyes, then suddenly blink them at your computer screen. You will see the image remain for a second after your blink closes.

And last, your rate of perception can vary.
I have taken cold medications which speeded up my perception to the point where my computer monitor was flickering so badly I thought something was wrong with it. All that was "wrong" was that the 60-cycle-per-second refresh rate was noticeable to me in my speeded-up perceptive state.

So, I think your perceptions are perfectly reasonable. But, they exist only "in there", not "out there".

NM
KerryM

Post by KerryM »

That was brilliant! :) Thank you!

truth be told I hadn't thought of the color thing being "in there"- it is that type of color thing too- the transparenty- type- and it's like a tracer from out of the matrix-

but perception of "what" I'm seeing hadn't occured to me-

wonder why it changes color- that must be an "in there" too-

excellent! Thank you- love a good think :)

Does anyone else se this ever?

what if someone was colored blind I wonder what their hieghtened state of awareness thing would be :)

;)

Kerry
Deep Sea

Post by Deep Sea »

Many years ago, Kerry, before my accident, and consistently for about a year I thought I could see rays coming out of my fingertips during much of Chen's Tai-chi. If I did Yang's Tai-chi afterwards I could see those rays there also, but never saw them in Yang's if I did that form first. I think learning how to walk again after being paralyzed sapped all of any inner strength I may have had for years afterwards.

I have long ago forgotten how to do the physical movements of Tai-chi. There may be something there; then again, maybe not.

Just keep practicing, especially if good things happen to you from your practice.
Always with an even keel.
-- Allen
2Green

Post by 2Green »

Kirlian Photography (exposing photo-sensitive plates in a high-frequency Alternating-Current field) shows very interesting energy emanation patterns in living things including people.
The index, second and thumb clearly show shoots of energy, and so do leaves, cut-off leaves and plant stalks etc.

NM
Deep Sea

Post by Deep Sea »

After the rays became regular and almost predictable, 2Green, I mentioned those occurrances to my sifu during one of my private lessons in the basement of his MIT dormitory, and he said that making a closed fist stops the flow of chi. My chi was also getting stuck in my stomach and he showed me how to release it. Unfortunately we seperated paths before I could learn all he was willing to teach me. There is something there, I can feel it when my practice becomes intense, I can move it around through my guts, arms and legs sometimes with my breathing and my thoughts, but I cannot do the ray thing anymore.

Your colors may be the manifestations of something very real, Kerry. Just keep practicing. One year, two years, five years, or whenever, you may discover that you found something. I really don't know; it's only a thought.
Always with an even keel.
-- Allen
Emilio

Blockage

Post by Emilio »

I believe my chi has a blockage somewhere. Movements with the open hand that require a flow of chi, mainly throws i seem to have no skill at. I am wondering if perhaps i have a blockage and would like to know how to cure this.
(this question came about from Deep Sea's post about him having a block)
Any feedback at all will be much appreciated
fivedragons

Post by fivedragons »

If I were you, I would learn how to do the throws correctly, as the correct throw mirrors the action of chi.

Chi doesn't mean anything by itself. A blockadge of chi just means that you aren't performing the throw correctly. You aren't letting the energy of the throw follow the path of least resistance.

You can't separate the concept of "chi" from the concept of correct form. They are the same thing, and if you get hung up on chi, as something magical and different from reality, you will just drive yourself insane. :lol:

The alternative is to visit an accupuncturist and ask him to unblock your throwing chi. Don't do this, because you will be laughed out of the building, that is, if you have found an honest accupuncterist. :wink:
Emilio

Post by Emilio »

thanks for the reply but i had many sessions on the corect way to do the throw but i always managed to get laughed at while others managed to preform it... normal takedowns i can do but the one im speaking of starts with the opponent holding your wrist and you in turn grab theirs ans procede in a circular motion. that is the only only one i can not do. hehe
fivedragons

Post by fivedragons »

If we already knew how to do everything perfectly, it wouldn't be much fun.

Here's something that I like:

Spend time visualizing your sensei or whoever you hold to be an example of the throw that you would like to aspire to.

Just observe in your mind someone else doing the throw with no need for effort or thought.

Then visualize the exact same throw with yourself performing it. Observe yourself in your mind as if you are standing in the dojo watching someone else perform the perfect throw, with the same ease as in the previous visualization.

By yourself, perform the movement slowly with your breath, relaxed and just observing the way the throw feels.

Then perform the movement with the same relaxed enjoyment, but faster. No effort, just let the throw happen to you with more relaxed speed.

When you practice the throw with a partner, try to keep the mindset of an anticipated learning experience, without thinking about wether you will fail or succeed, because you will definitely succeed at learning, no matter what the outcome. :D

And probably the most important thing to unblock the chi: smile :wink:
nos482

The colors of chi

Post by nos482 »

In sanchin I see the colors of others and the flow of their chi and mine at times when mind body spirit are jelled. When doing sanchin at times the flow goes counterclockwise from one hand to the forhead between the eyes and then to the other hand in a triangle and also to the chi area below the bellybutton from one hand to the other. When I strike I visualize water flowing off my arm striking a target. Water flow is the key to chi flow. :) I see peoples chi as two colors my son and daughter also can see chi colors. My teacher had brown chi with white that let me know he was worried or troubled. I see many purple but mostly black and white and grey and green. Oh when I do blocks in a darkened room it is light blue to a purple depending on what words I use with a block or strike. Also chi flow up and down the spine fast until striking. nos
"nobody to many someone to few nos482"

Return to “Mind-Body-Spirit Forum”