Uechi-Ryu.com

Discussion Area
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:47 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Happy New Year
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:49 pm 

Happy New Year!

I haven't been by in a while but bolstered by the January 1 "Reality Check". It's a very well stated commentary on the state of things and in appreciation of the solid traditional systems, values and training.

You need to build on a strong foundation for any art. With a solid foundation, all things are possible and it's easier to incorporate new ideas and methods. Without long hours of training in doing circle blocks it would be difficult for me to understand how a spiral block can be more direct and effective than a straight line.

Anyway, for most of us, a traditional system is 'The Way', but clearly, not for everyone.

Post subject: Thanks Phil...
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:13 pm 
Site Admin

Good to see that you are still around. . . hope to see more of you in '09. We miss you.

Post subject: Thanks George
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:13 am 

It's nice to still be around.

I'm still working hard, still at Gin Soon, and like to think I've developed some (wisdom anyway). I practice regularly and still possess an unshakeable purist view of the martial arts. I do an occasional practice Sanchin and derive insight from it.

My lifestyle flies in the face of convention. I still don't own a car, prefer to walk or ride my bike everwhhere. Karen is still doing her art work. We still live in the Back Bay.

I do miss old friends and the hard laughs after a hard workout.

I'll be in touch. I shortcut my comments as I couldn't find my password and I heading out the door (my original password goes back to when you started the web site but I changed over to high speed and lost all that).

Take care of yourself and best wishes to Susan. Sorry to read about Tia. I have fond memories of Bally still. Phil