Happy New Year

Contributors offers insight into the non-physical side of the Martial Arts, often ignored when discussing self-defense.
Philstef

Happy New Year

Post by Philstef »

Happy New Year!

I haven't been by in a while but bolstered by the January 1 "Reality Check". It's a very well stated commentary on the state of things and in appreciation of the solid traditional systems, values and training.

You need to build on a strong foundation for any art. With a solid foundation, all things are possible and it's easier to incorporate new ideas and methods. Without long hours of training in doing circle blocks it would be difficult for me to understand how a spiral block can be more direct and effective than a straight line.

Anyway, for most of us, a traditional system is 'The Way', but clearly, not for everyone.
gmattson
Site Admin

Thanks Phil...

Post by gmattson »

Good to see that you are still around. . . hope to see more of you in '09. We miss you.
GEM
"Do or do not. there is no try!"
Philstef

Thanks George

Post by Philstef »

It's nice to still be around.

I'm still working hard, still at Gin Soon, and like to think I've developed some (wisdom anyway). I practice regularly and still possess an unshakeable purist view of the martial arts. I do an occasional practice Sanchin and derive insight from it.

My lifestyle flies in the face of convention. I still don't own a car, prefer to walk or ride my bike everwhhere. Karen is still doing her art work. We still live in the Back Bay.

I do miss old friends and the hard laughs after a hard workout.

I'll be in touch. I shortcut my comments as I couldn't find my password and I heading out the door (my original password goes back to when you started the web site but I changed over to high speed and lost all that).

Take care of yourself and best wishes to Susan. Sorry to read about Tia. I have fond memories of Bally still. Phil

Return to “Mind-Body-Spirit Forum”