spring is in the air!

Contributors offers insight into the non-physical side of the Martial Arts, often ignored when discussing self-defense.

spring is in the air!

Post by Guest »

I understand that winter has lasted forever this year and the east coast is still experiencing storms.Well if you've got those winter blues cheer up! it's over!

I was out in my yard today in a T-shirt
(1st time since last September.

1/2 the snow has melted and I was raking up the winter's accumulation of elk crap.Last year I brought in a truck and we hauled away 15 cubic yards of the stuff.(think about that next time your complaining about your neighbours dog or the leaves in the fall) Image

How do I know spring is on the way? this is the 1st time grass has been visible in the back yard since Oct 24th. Image

I saw a flock of Mallard ducks,5 Canada Geese,and 2 Bald Eagles in the past week.

The main indisputable sign spring is here,I found a freshly shed mule deer antler in the back yard.

Sunshine and out door kata is just around the corner Image

Laird
gmattson
Site Admin

spring is in the air!

Post by gmattson »

I was outside today without a coat, for the first time in quite a while.

My golf course was supposed to open March 5th! Last year I was playing in February.

I measure seasons by a simple formula.

The season when I play golf

The season when I can't play golf!

Here comes the Sun...

------------------
GEM

spring is in the air!

Post by Guest »

[QUOTE]Originally posted by gmattson:

I measure seasons by a simple formula.

The season when I play golf

The season when I can't play golf!

GEM,I like that simple black and white! Never a question of what season it is.I use to measure the seasons like this:

The season of tying flies. Image

The season I tie em on and loose them Image

Laird
david

spring is in the air!

Post by david »

Yes. I stopped dead in my tracks yesterday to look at a flock of geese, flying north in formation. Today, the sun cast it's light with greater intensity. Tonight, more snow/sleet is expected. But Ole Man Winter's grasp is slowly loosing it's strength and his frozen tendrils are melting into rivulets that run down the city streets.

Trout season is not far off. Image

david

Return to “Mind-Body-Spirit Forum”