Keeping It Silent

For kids who are interested in the martial arts. Moderated by "Seisan Sister", who is 13 years old and a seasoned Uechi competitor and according to her father, a very serious martial artist.
seisansister

Keeping It Silent

Post by seisansister »

How do you know when to tell ppl that you practice karate? Say you walk into a store wearing a karate shirt and the cashier is being robbed, the first person the robber will go after is the one that knows karate. Kids like to brag about their karate skills, and i'm not sure this is a great idea. Say the kid that does karate is small and gets picked on a lot. He tells his friend that he does karate.. and then word gets around and the bully hears about the "karate master." You see, things tend to get blown up when they become gossip. The bully challenges the karate boy to a fight, but karate boy has only been taking karate for a month and knows he can't defend himself against this big bully.

I'm not sayin that we should be ashamed of our karate skills. I just don't think we should spread it around.. because it causes problems. I think you should keep it silent and use it when you need to defend yourself.. and they won't know what's happening!

Tell me what you think about this, and thanks for the birthday wishes!!

:B-fly: Seisansister
f.Channell

Post by f.Channell »

Seisan sister,
Sounds like good advice.
I think Van Canna might have mentioned this once or twice to me.
:wink:
F.
Sans Peur Ne Obliviscaris
www.hinghamkarate.com

Return to “Kombat Kids”