Karate Over The Summer

For kids who are interested in the martial arts. Moderated by "Seisan Sister", who is 13 years old and a seasoned Uechi competitor and according to her father, a very serious martial artist.
seisansister

Karate Over The Summer

Post by seisansister »

Hey Everyone! :D Sorry for not posting but I was waiting for some more kids to get into our discussions. 8) Here's the latest topic~ karate over summer vacay. Should you take a break or should you work out all year long? :? Sometimes ppl get so busy that they put off karate for the summer just b/c they think they dont have time.. :wink: I think you should work out at least once a week or every other week over the summa just so you stay strong and stay as good as you are at karate. Hope you have a good summer vacay.. and keep up with karate!! lol I'll ttyl :D

:B-fly: [/b] Seisansister
benzocaine

Post by benzocaine »

Hello,

Congrats on this new forum!

I remember when I was 11 or 12 years old I had one of the best summers ever. All my freinds and I did karate, so when we were not at the dojo it seems we were "playing ninja" or army comando. What fun, and the summer seemed to last forever.

22 years later I am playing with karate again 8)

I wish I could take the summer off like you guys can :D

Have a fun summer guys!
seisansister

Thank-you

Post by seisansister »

Hey thanks for coming to my forum! :D I go to karate all summer but I know a lot of people that quit and take a break over the summer. I think that you can forget a lot of things when you take time off from anything. :? Thanks for posting and please tell any kids you know about my new forum! 8)

:B-fly: Seisansister
Mills75

Post by Mills75 »

I really like your mindset and approach to your training Seisansister and I think you are right in not taking a complete brake away from your training over the summer. You can always have some time for fun and still have some time leftover to train a bit. On one of Gushi sensei tapes where he talks about conditioning he says it should be regarded in the same way as sharpening a knife. If you keep maintaining the sharpness by training your knife will always be sharp and ready but if you let it go for to long without maintaining it the knife will most likely become a little dull. I think this applies not only to conditioning but too all our karate training. I think it's good even if you're younger and have the summer off to try and make some time to train and keep your skills crisp and sharp. Good advice from you and I agree with your approach. :D
Jeff
Dana Sheets

Post by Dana Sheets »

Hey Seisansister,

Good job of keeping your forum going with some great topics. It usually takes awhile for a forum to catch on and build up some regular members. So please keep at it and don't get discouraged if it seems like not that many kids are posting.

I know they're out there. Maybe you can get George Mattson to mention your new forum in his online newsletter so the other dojo know there's a friendly place for Uechi kids on the net.

Good luck!
Dana
Did you show compassion today?
seisansister

=)

Post by seisansister »

Thanks! :D

maybe i should hand out a flyer at my dojo or something and get some kids on here to chat.

Seisansister

Return to “Kombat Kids”