Introduction and Invitation

JOHN THURSTON is back and eager to discuss Western Martial Arts, especially relating to its history.

Moderator: JOHN THURSTON

Matt Anderson

Introduction and Invitation

Post by Matt Anderson »

Howdy,

I stumbled across this forum and thought I'd introduce myself.

I'm Matt Anderson, leader of the Virginia Beach, VA chapter of the Association for Renaissance Martial Arts (ARMA). I'd also like to extend an open invitaion to anyone who is interested in exploring the western martial tradirion to stop by and check out what we are doing. We train in armed and unarmed combat stlyes of the European middle ages and renaissance in what we believe is a historically accurate, realistic, and martiallly sound way. We aren't interested in costumes or "role play" or any of the other things that some medieval-oriented clubs do, we are purely a martial arts group. Anyone is welcome to come out and train with us a few times, no strings attached, to see if it interests them. Email me directly at androu3@cox.net if you'd like to join us some time. Also, we have a ton of articles, essays, and historical manuals on our website, be sure to check them out if you want more info.

Cheers!
Matt Anderson
ARMA, Virginia Beach
http://www.thearma.org
JOHN THURSTON

Hi

Post by JOHN THURSTON »

welcome stop by a in [input traing metods, historicia; backgroung of what you practice.

I have a small library in the are of medeiveil are, armore and fence that mujght be interesting.

For examplr i have Richarf Burton;s "Book ok ok Swords: snf others"

My avovation in the Roman Legions, wwi and ii weapons.
"All Enlightenment Gratefully Accepted"

Return to “Western Martial Arts & History”