New Theory Appears

JOHN THURSTON is back and eager to discuss Western Martial Arts, especially relating to its history.

Moderator: JOHN THURSTON

JOHN THURSTON

New Theory Appears

Post by JOHN THURSTON »

Well, fellow hunting gentlemen; if you are fond of lever actions in this pursuit, i have some good news.

As you know, if you load "pointed" bullets in a tubular magazine, you stand a good chance of blowing yourself and your rifle up.

However, Hornady has developed, apparentlly, for several typical tubularr cartridges, a "pointed" bullet.

The Point is apparently similar in appearance tp the Nosler "Ballistic Tip" Bullets, but there the resemblance apparenlty ends.

The best possble way to describe the points on the new projectles is "memory plastic".

When the point contacts the flat primer of the cartridge ahead of it, it "goes flat" but flows back to its pointed shape when chambered.

Obviously this would give old cartrigdes, such as the venerable "Thutty thutty" a much improved ballistic performance.

Sound like science fiction? Well it is true.

Hornady plans to load this type of projectile in .30-30, .35 Remington and .45-70 among others for for a start.

I will post more when I get more infornation.

JT
"All Enlightenment Gratefully Accepted"

Return to “Western Martial Arts & History”