To Wes

JOHN THURSTON is back and eager to discuss Western Martial Arts, especially relating to its history.

Moderator: JOHN THURSTON

JOHN THURSTON

To Wes

Post by JOHN THURSTON »

Twice I appear to have offended you and I apologize and hope to have you as a contributor on this forum.

John
"All Enlightenment Gratefully Accepted"
wes tasker

Post by wes tasker »

John-

No worries :D If you want to know something of my position etc. I can tell you I've been an amateur student of Arabic (mostly classical) language, Islamic theology & mysticism, Arabic poetry & music for about 20 years - including working in an Arabic book and music store in Cambridge, MA. And of course a fair spattering of history.

You didn't offend, I just wanted to clarify so that nothing was mis-interpreted. Especially in these times.....

Thank you for your responses......

-wes tasker
JOHN THURSTON

The Sufi

Post by JOHN THURSTON »

Wes:

The Sufi appear to have been an intense group of Islamic Theologians.

The only comparison that even seems close is the Cabbalic mysticism of the jewish faith.

Can you tell us anything about the Sufi?

Thank you for your polite response.

John
wes tasker

Post by wes tasker »

John-

As much as I'd love to talk about Sufism etc., I don't think this forum is the venue for such a thing - unless we were talking about Ali ibn Abu Talib (radiya Allahu 'anhu) who had both Sufic and Martial tendencies. I will pm you my personal e-mail address and we can talk then about Sufism, Qabalah, and any other religio-mystic thing you'd like. I'm actually looking forward to it. Thank you.

-wes
Van Canna

Post by Van Canna »

One of the amazing things about Wes is how his erudition and intelligence mate with his great physical martial capabilities. :)
Van
JOHN THURSTON

Well-----

Post by JOHN THURSTON »

Well----I understand and respect Wes' reluctance to post things he feels are inappropriate for a particular forum.

So that's a good thing.

However, as far as I am concerned the forum is not are narrowly limited as the paragraph describing it states.

Sensei Van I saw a Pedersoli/Sharps in 45-90 where I got your mags. It seeemed a nice piece of work.

Pedersoli is also going to be marketing a double rifle in .45-70---but it would/will take a second mortgage to afford it.

Best

John

Return to “Western Martial Arts & History”