Western arts

JOHN THURSTON is back and eager to discuss Western Martial Arts, especially relating to its history.

Moderator: JOHN THURSTON

Karateka

Western arts

Post by Karateka »

JOHN THURSTON

Post by JOHN THURSTON »

Hi:

We are so used to seeing the "Western Arts" pursued that we hardly take note of or notice them as such.

More Common are: Archery, La Savatte, Graeco Roman Wrestling (also Practiced in india) Boxing, Javelin throw, The Epee, THE Foil the Sabre (latter the three form Fencing).

I would like to see Shield and sword praticeds.

Hatchet and knofe throwing is practiced at my Sportman's Club along with the Archery, Primitve firearms Pistolery, shotgun and hipowr and lover power rifle.

So there is plenty to be learned, especially if you can take to any of these the "focus" learned in your eastern Martial Arts studies.

Jousting is practiced to some extent, as, of course are all the practices you posted.

Thanks
j
"All Enlightenment Gratefully Accepted"
I. Woolley

Post by I. Woolley »

sword an dsheild is practiced along with polearms longs swords two handed swords, period rapier, sword and dagger. Many people practice thes arts and many booksa re availble on the subjects
My boot your head. Do I need to make the conection?
-Yours truely

"'People will lie to you. Yours eyes will deceive you. Steel never lies, nor deceives, nor hides bitter reality. In the sword, you can find truth'- from Kakita's the Sword"

Return to “Western Martial Arts & History”