Dojo Memories

The dojo to many is a place of beauty, where the daily ritual of working out takes place. Do you have a special place where you work out? A special design you created that gave the dojo its personality and in the process gives you the inspiration to put a little more into your workout? Share your secrets here.
zak10w40

Dojo Memories

Post by zak10w40 »

A number of years ago I was living in Montana, in one of the University towns. We trained hard in an antiquated building nickanamed "The Old Men's Gym". Since we were all youngsters I think it refferred to the building not the participants. But it had many amenities and also had a track, and a few classrooms, and the ROTC unit.

I also did some extra training in th e basemnent of the apartment complex, near the university, where I lived. This room housed the furnace where the heating flames were visible through the ribs of the grating. I would practice a hundred r so kicks with one leg and then the other. Then some punching combinations. It was simple practice, and I often turned the lights off. This is still my favorite place to train. I recommend this tyype of training for those who like to supplement there regular dojo workout.
BioDiesel USA

Return to “The Physical Dojo”