Uechi's contribution...

A place where this subject can be evaluated and discussed. No "bashing" allowed. "Tell us what YOU do"

Post by Guest »

So what is the helmet supposed to do? Allow you go go in?
JimHawkins

Post by JimHawkins »

The Bronze Dago wrote: So what is the helmet supposed to do? Allow you go go in?
It would seem so..

Not really my cup of tea.. Looks somewhat similar to the dracula'a cape..

Hacking elbows should make for a nice defence against this..

This is a 'cookie cut' right out of our second form, double high palms, only difference is we wouldn't dive over like that, instead we explode upward from the floor.

Shaolin
M Y V T K F
"Receive what comes, stay with what goes, upon loss of contact attack the line" – The Kuen Kuit

Post by Guest »

I think you want your elbows down to keep (or to minimize the risk actually) from getting hit under the chin (KO). This position protects your jaw and temples but it doesn't protect the chin.

Post by Guest »

The helmet is an entry. One arm answers the telephone.
The other wraps across the face protecting the jaw line ala dracula's cape.

You enter with 2 jousting elbows and spear the EGB.
We were doing them against haymakers and it didn't really matter if you took one on the way in. The bad guy eats two elbows delivered with full body mass.

Post by Guest »

Ah.. it's more complicated then it looks. How well does it work?

Post by Guest »

Bob Cambell taught something similiar to this one at Len Testas dojo when I was visiting. except it was more like a battering ram. I thought it was really bad ass.

Post by Guest »

It's simple, gross motor and effective. battering ram is a good analogy. I'll try and put together a clip in my spare time.

Return to “Fighting Drills”