An "oldie but goodie"

A place where this subject can be evaluated and discussed. No "bashing" allowed. "Tell us what YOU do"
gmattson
Site Admin

An "oldie but goodie"

Post by gmattson »

I was going over some of our archieved forums and came across this one.

I believe we have evolved enough to revive this excellent forum. For the time being, I'll be closely moderating the posts.

Hope to see some interesting material that will be of interest to the majority of Uechi practitioners.

If you don't like drills. . . wonderful. We respect your right to practice any way you like. All we ask is the same consideration.
GEM
"Do or do not. there is no try!"
JOHN THURSTON

Drills

Post by JOHN THURSTON »

Hmmm---

I can't understand why anyone in a karate system could object to drill work or discussion of various drills.

Sometimes i get a bit frustrated with over working r certain things, but at the same time, my practice of the TC form (s) , my understanding and memory of Fuzhou Suparparempi, the Fuku gata (shorin?) forms in the beginning of the OKK Kyuhan not to mention my work of the "kata" Ryuku by the OKK seniors has languished.

The Okk "Yakusoku" Kumite, of which there are now two, resembles Kyu more than a little, and quite a numeber of OKK School, including my little dojo, hope to go back and work Kyu and Dan regardless of the fact that neither are 'officialy' (sic) part of the the OKK curriculum.

Kanshiwa Bancai is hampereed only by it's many versions, and it is a shame that practice thereof is limited because there is a lack of decision (on my part in this case) on which version to do.

j
"All Enlightenment Gratefully Accepted"

Return to “Fighting Drills”