spam to follow

This forum is for the discussion of technology, computers, & problems relating to the web and your computer

Moderator: Scott Danziger

Kevin Mackie

spam to follow

Post by Kevin Mackie »

I got this in my personal email today. I don't suspect I'm the only one.

How is it that someone can gain access to the member listing? Did someone go through the list manually by just starting at the beginning of the membership list? Or is there a possiblility that the membership list was sold?

Kevin
Hi,

I visited http://forums.uechi-ryu.com, and noticed that you're not listed on some search engines! I would like to introduce to you an affordable service where we can help enhance your online presence globally.
Search engine submission is an integral part of the success of your web site. Building a web presence means more than just having the right keywords. We offer a star solution that will produce guaranteed results. Our unique search engine positioning technology helps submit your website to over 300,000 search engines and directories every month.

It takes only minutes to sign up for our service. We'll do the rest! You'll be surprised how simple it is to now reach out to an international market and increase the visibility of your website.
Do let me know how I may assist you better with submitstar.com!

Best Regards,
Irene Parker
gmattson
Site Admin

Not sure how they got the list

Post by gmattson »

But I can say that no one associated with this site released the list to anyone.
GEM
"Do or do not. there is no try!"
Stryke

Post by Stryke »

there are programms that can harvest email adresses of the web , I`d suspect something like that , and technology great :roll:

Return to “Computer & Web Tech Help”